Posts by kszaq

kszaq ...sorry for being a pain on this but when i do the dev build on SD card it works, I then do the internaltointernal and it reboots, but when it comes back on it has the error in the top left corner say 'do not press any key for the next 120 secs' and then it gives me some more text about 'your system is broken beyond repair' ...or I get the 'error tty job control'........do you think my box is goosed? happy to send you an image but need instructions as to how to upload on here?? Thanks

After you get this message, power off your box, plug it again and it will boot LE from SD card. Run installtointernal again and it it should boot from internal memory fine.

Most of the changes in the latest build are Kodi related. One of them took some work off the CPU and that's where you might see a performance gain from. Unfortunately most of Video Player tweaks we are using in Jarvis don't apply to Krypton and tweaking will have to be started over. ;)

At this point I think there will be one more Jarvis build for both S805 and S905 - then Krypton starts.

I want to ask if it will be possible to add CEC and suspend features to the builds. I know that are in the changelog put they are not working.

CEC works, suspend is experimental.

Sorry, maybe I'm a real noob, but is it correct to put the device tree file in the update folder together with the latest build? This is my method, should I do something else? I also tried both gxbb_p200_1G_100M_RealtekWiFi.dtb and gxbb_p200_1G_100M.dtb. I'm running from SD card. Maybe I'm doing something wrong...

You need to rename the device tree to dtb.img after downloading.

are you advising that I pull the power cord after the initial reboot and then do the sd card toothpick boot again and then do installtointernal and let it reboot automatically?

Yes. Actually you don't need a toothpick to boot from SD card again.

Same here... latest dev build and strange results. Movie with DTS-HD MA 7.1 plays OK with an occasional (approx. 10 times per movie) stutter in sound, while playing a movie with regular DTS results in no sound at all and stuttering image. Furthermore, with passthrough disabled, loud popping sounds and stuttering image...

Have you read updating notes carefully and updated your device tree?

@kszag - please can you offer some guidance mate. I am having major issues with my Beelink Mini MXiii 2gb/1gb box. I was running 2.0.7 build from nand absolutely fine and then did the 2.0.8 update via 'update', but on reboot the box just locked up with the message 'your system is broken beyon repair'. After reflashing the stock ROM I was able to run LE in both 2.0.7 and 2.0.8 from SD, but as soon as i did 'installtointernal' the box locked up again. Can you advise if it is me doing something wrong or is the internal memory just shot? Happy to send you a photo but when I try and upload the image on here it asks for my url instead of the image file....how do I sort that???? Thanks

MiniMX III has a different partition layout than standard Amlogic. It doesn't matter when you run LE from SD card but if you want to install .008 to internal memory, you have to do a fresh install twice, e.g. boot from SD card, run installtointernal, reboot, boot again from SD card, run installtointernal again. After that your box should run LE from internal just fine. That procedure will not be necessary for future releases, i.e. you will be able to do a simple upgrade from .008 to .009.

Do i need to apply latency settings if i dont watch live tv?

I don't think you need, especially that they don't apply to anything but live TV.

Does the cpu/gpu command fix the temp readings?

Unfortunately no. Details on why CPU temperature sensor doesn't work: projects/S905: Delete cputemp by CGarces · Pull Request #5 · kszaq/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

busydialogdelayms command was removed in the former xbmc 12 is it needed in your builds?

I don't know, this is copied from advancedsettings.xml used by default in LE. ;)

Whilst some improvement has been made with updates, I am now resigned to believe the S905 needs 2gb of ram and 1gb boxes are not worth buying unless you're prepared to reboot every hour during use

I only have 1GB boxes and they can be on for a few days without memory leaks.

sorry quick question if my mxq pro is working well on current dtb should i just update using the update folder and not mess with the device tree?

or can i just add the new dev tree and update in one easy go. sorry for the questions my brains on a go slow today

You have to update a device tree if you are using .007 or earlier. Please look at the notes at the bottom of the first post.

kszaq, thanks for the response, is there any way to force an edid binary/profile to libcec?

HDMI driver has no way to provide a custom EDID. As far as I know EDID has nothing to do with CEC - at least on Amlogic. You may want to play with CEC options in Kodi, e.g. turn on "Make Kodi the active source when starting".

Hi Kszaq, can you help me out mate please. I dropped the new dev build into the update file and rebooted but when the box rebooted some of the audio was very muffled and stuttery and basically unwatchable. So I reflashed my Beelink Min MXiii box with the stock firmware and then tried the SD card upload of LE with the latest dev build and device tree gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_RealtekWiFi.dtb that loaded fine except again the sound was dreadful on some movies and live channels. I then tried updating with the Beelink Mini MXiii 2gb 21gb device tree and still the sound was off....eventually i updated with the LE 2.0.7 version (so back dated) and used device tree gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb and the sound was spot on. I then updated again with the 2.0.8 dev build with gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb to see if this combination would work but the sound was off again. Am I missing something here?

Make sure that you are using device trees for 7.0.2.008 build and not 7.0.2.007. If you are sure, you need to post logs, my guesses will be much more precise then.

I use the latest devel build on a wetek hub. Tuning SD mpeg2 channels takes up to 15s, 720p and 1080i h264 as well as 4k hevc takes about 4-6s.

Are you using any non-standard advancedsettings? Can you try using this advancedsettings.xml (with the latest dev build): advancedsettings.xml
    Is channel switching faster when you use it?

Bluetooth doesn't work in either 007 or 008 builds. One other odd bug is the remote for the Qbox. In the 007 build the back button worked fine. Now it no longer is binded to that button but now is binded to the backspace button by the numpad.

Back button will be fixed (in fact it is already fixed in dev build). The firmware for Bluetooth is included, it should work. Have you tried enabling Bluetooth in LE settings? Also can you give me a result of cat /sys/bus/sdio/devices/*/device && cat /sys/bus/sdio/devices/*/vendor if it doesn't work?

The delay is caused by u-boot initializing SD card, USB drives etc. You can only make your device boot a bit faster if you boot from internal memory and "disable" booting from SD/USB. You can do this after installing LE to internal memory and executing fw_setenv bootcmd 'run storeboot'