Posts by k4yl0rd

Have a read [HOWTO] Boot from SD card, use internal memory for data

That may well be adjust display refresh rate changing to match video. Not an issue.;)

Yeah, the refresh rate adjustment was the cause of that flicker: solved! Thanks a lot...

As per the internal memory; I read that howto but up to now, I'm quite satisfied by the performance of the Samsung evo microsd 😉. What I was thinking is that the internal emmc could be auto-mounted on the boot; that seems not the case, looking at the System information menù where I see only two le partitions microsd side.

It's a pity as the tx7 has a 32gb emmc that could be use for storage...

Hi guys, I bought this device some days ago reading your good reviews. I unboxed it today and everything works out of the box with the latest GDPR-2 build, thanks! :)

I noticed however that from the system panel the build does not see the internal memory; I have two partitions active, a system one (smaller, 512Mb) and a storage partition of 31.something Gb. Seems to me it's the Samsung microSD I use to boot LE, but the device should have 32Gb of internal eMMC...
    Can anybody hel me out troubleshooting the issue? Thanks ;)

Edit: found another issue. Sometimes, e.g. In YouTube plugin, if I click on a video it seems the tv goes out of sync (no hdmi signal) for a fraction of a seconda, then everything goes fine & smooth. It might depend on the hdmi cable ( i use the crappy one that came with the tv box), I'll try another one but if The issue tells something familiar to you, kindly suggest me how to solve

Thanks!

Sorry for the annoying question, I'm looking for a cheap tv box S905X based, 2gb of ram and - if possible - 32 gb of internal emmc storage. I bought a week ago a tanix tx7 seeing in a forum post that everything on that worked as a charm (WiFi, bt, cec, etc.) with the recent s905x builds; unfortunately the store sent me a mail because the product is no more available. I asked for refund but I'm again on the search for a good - yet cheap - tv box for le. Any suggestion would be highly appreciated. Thanks!

Please forgive the nooby question, but... As I'd like to prepare one of these TV boxes for my parents to run LibreElec only, is there any chance to make them boot *always* in LE apart from flashing the internal eMMC? I noticed in other posts there's always a "tricky" combo to perform in order to make these boxes boot in LE (reset buttons, toothpicks, etc.).
    I'm not sure this could be straightforward for my old dad :) , so... can someone suggest me an easy-to-mod TV Box (S905X based, possibly) that can be converted permanently into a LE system (if any) ?

Thanks for the suggestions and for the patience...

So, play 'uhd bd from network with HD audio' on those box and watch Netflix etc. on the TV - that's exactly what I do. What's the big issue here discussing pages after pages saying this box cannot do Netflix, that box cannot 720p etc. - that was my question.

Got an example, considering my parents' setup. They use a 5 years old middle-high end TV (at that time..) from LG, FullHD led.

Youtube app has been dscontinued due to the change of API, leaving no other chance than using the (buggy) browser of the TV (almost unusable, frame skips even on low res videos, desync, etc.).

The Netflix app crashes; no more updates are on the horizon as the app store by LG has been left to its destiny (at least, for that model).

So, considering their needs, a tv box that could easily handle netflix, youtube and access to a NAS for video contents would be awesome.

As for me... another story even worse :) I own a (sigh!) Toshiba TV (CEVO engine) that was not-so-smart at the launch moment, now has nothing to deal with multimedia: no browser, nor youtube plugin working anymore. Toshiba Places is the worst entertainment platform I've ever seen on a TV.

This question was answered many times.

Pls read and accept.

Do You want developers wasting time answering the same questeions every day ?

As I've - badly, I suppose - searched in the forum from my smartphone, I have to say it's not that easy to find out already answered questions, the forum is huge and for the specific question I don't even know which section may address the argument. Instead of citing devs, and supposing you're not one of them, why didn't you post a link to the answers? It would be more useful...

Btw: I usually Read the FAQ in every section of every forum I'm in, seems this question is not part of them.

I see... So up to now (lemme recap) in LE S905x can run Netflix up to 720p (no 1080p) while S912 cannot even do that. On Android, even FHD streaming via Netflix app col be feasible.

Assuming I'd like to stick with LE, the choice is quite straightforward: S905x. What I'd like to know is if the 1080p though the Netflix addon is inevitably unreachable due to hardware/technical limitations or it's just software optimization that can - and Will - be performed. As even the S905x should be able to run 4K Hdr265 smoothly, seems strange it can't handle Netflix FHD contents (I know, different streaming format, though).

Btw: I'm looking for a box to be used in my parents' house: no need of 4k as the tv is a LG FHD. As per their configuration, I'll connect the box through WiFi (no ethernet overthere) and it should be sufficient for their everyday use.

If you can find a S905X with Gigabit you will cover all bases and avoid the possible Subtitles rending problem on the S912.

Do not watch video with Subtitles or need 720p Netflix with Kodi Leia then get a S912 box with Gigabit Ethernet (1000M) such as a MINIX U9, Tanix TX92 & others.

I already have a c2 and I'm quite impressed so far, Amazing sbc and good LE performance. I didn't understand what you said about Netflix; why 720p only on Netflix plugin? While subtitles are not an issue for me (didn't use them), Netflix is indeed one of the key feature. Should I understand that FHD Netflix is not available on any box? And in particular, only S912 are able to stream Netflix @ 720p while S905X are not?

Thanks for the clarifications!

Hi guys, I'm looking for the Best bang for few bucks to run LE. I'm actually using an odroid c2 in my home (absolutely satisfied) and I'd like to get another media center for my parents' house. Problem is, the c2 is quite pricey so I'm looking for a cheap box that works fine almost out of the box. Lurking the forum i found the tap 1 tv box was a good performer for about 30 euro, unfortunately I can't find it (sold out). In the same price pattern, would you suggest a good box with no issue on WiFi? Always 2gigs/16gb as base; I'm wondering if the aml 912 is now a better choice than the 905x.

Any suggestioni would be highly appreciated. Thx!

Dear all, I'm dealing with a brand new leia 24 installation.

It's Great, thx to Raybuntu for his stunning work.

Got two questions, though:

1 - I can't get libretro working due to an unexpected error, saying that the dependency kodi.binary.instance.game 1.0.33 could not be satisfied. (IARL as well as emulators that require that dependency, can't find it anywhere).

2 - got some remote probs with remote commands, both from tv remote (cec) and from kore, as well as with an usb wireless remote. Sometimes, commands get stucked as if the System freezes, after few secs everything is restored (a sort of sinc). Sometimes, double clicks or commands are received even if a single click is performed.

Could anyone confirm these flaws in leia 24 and eventually, is there a workaround to fix them?

Thanks.

Hey kszaq, do you plan also to have an odroid C1 image ready to be flashed?
    As far as I remember it's S805 based.... I tried the only LE8 build for the C1 but all your work on libCEC is missing, hence CEC simply does not work (with Openelec my C1 worked like a charm with CEC, so it's not an hardware-related prob...)

thanks ;)

Dear all,

I'm having a strange problem with an odroid C2 running libreElec.

HDMI CEC works out of the box on both the TVs in my house, but specifically on a Toshiba 46" the video connection keeps disconnecting (glitches, they last typically a second) every now and then when an input comes from the TV remote controller.

I tried to connect the C2 to another port which is not ARC / CEC compatible using an air mouse and substituting the HDMI cable... but got the same result; every key I press on the air remote controller, the screen disconnects and re-connects ..

Oddly enough, I tried the entire set of tests on a little 24" Sony Bravia... I have no issues at all.

So I guess that the problem relies on Pulse drivers with the specific HDMI implementation by Toshiba.

Another element to be evaluated: before the C2, I had an odroid C1 CEC enabled running OpenElec and these strange "glitches" occourred a couple of times in .... two years.

I make a recording on the issue, in order to clarify what the problem is. (in the video, I was just on the youtube plugin scrolling down results on "most wanted" video section... got two glitch in few seconds):

External Content vimeo.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

If anyone could guide me (yeah, I'm quite a n00b on LE) on how to troubleshoot the problem (maybe any log could be helpful, but I don't know where these are eventually located or if it's necessary to enable a trace, I don't know)... well, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks everybody,

M. :shy:

EDIT: I found out the cause of this odd behaviour: the psu .
    Changed it with another one I had and no issue so far... beware of cheap psu :)