Posts by BiTRiP

YES!!! I Solved it.

After doing a factory reset on my TV it started to work.
    Then, when I did all my general settings on the TV it stopped working.
    So I decided to do all settings step by step and it turns out that when I set my TV's "ENEGERY SAVING" to HIGH (because I don't want it too bright in my bedroom) then it disables the IR on my RPi.
    Probably because it's gaining noise on HDMI? I don't know.

Anyway, I'm glad I solved this. Thanks for all reactions.

BiTRiP

Ok, got a little further but it also got stranger.

It turns out that my Samsung TV is disabling this IR somehow, even when I disable AnyNet (CEC) on TV.
    When I plug my RPi on my pc monitor (also samsung) with the same HDMI cable the IR is just working fine!!

I disabled CEC in Pheriphials settings in Kodi, disabled Anynet on TV but it ain't just work with this TV.
    What has that to do with the GPIO IR? Except from CEC.

Thanks,
    BiTRiP

I also have two Asrock ION 330 boxes and never had ANY problem with sound. It's just working out of the box with fresh install of OE or LE. No any config needed.
    So better check your cable or tv source. (I had once with a appletv that a hdmi port on a tv was also for dvi and got no sound. Changing to other hdmi port gave sound)

Does the box give sound if you startup with a linux livecd like ubuntu? Just to test sound.

Don't the component strips on your breadboard go across the short way?

Ah yes, that was pretty lame. It's the first time I use a breadboard. Thanks

Unfortunally it's still not working when putting it the short way.

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # dmesg | grep lirc
    [    4.713545] lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver registered, major 244 
    [    4.762167] lirc_rpi: module is from the staging directory, the quality is unknown, you have been warned.
    [    5.653958] lirc_rpi: auto-detected active high receiver on GPIO pin 18
    [    5.654135] lirc_rpi lirc_rpi: lirc_dev: driver lirc_rpi registered at minor = 0
    [    5.654140] lirc_rpi: driver registered!
    [    5.896071] input: lircd as /devices/virtual/input/input0

Strange, I just can't get it working.

I have new IR sensors now and I'm fully sure this is remote is working fine. (it still works on my asrock).
    I re-imaged the SD Card with a clean LibreElec 7.0.2 and only put device_tree_overlay=lirc-rpi in end of config.txt.
    Boots up but remote ain't working, neither irw is picking up something.

Any ideas?