Posts by royalapple45

Hello all- I recently install cryptsetup through Opkg and I am trying to automount my external drives through the autostart.sh script. Here is my code:

#!/bin/sh

When I do this, it just keeps endlessly rebooting after what seems like 30 seconds(maybe post getting through sleep 30)

My above script works flawlessly in Debian/Ubuntu but I am thinking that the same commands but not be valid in LibreElec. Any help would be appreciated!

I ended up posting on reddit as this was not getting any action. I essentially kept the iptables.service through systemd and then mounted my NFS shares through the autostart script using the below code. It includes a command at the beginning that delays the start of the script by several seconds. Below the code will also be the reddit post if anybody wants to take a look.

Here is the reddit post: iptables.service and NFS- Unresolved forum post : libreELEC

Shoutout to ChickenGoes2Library for all of the help.

Hello and greetings!

I posted on this forum a year or so ago and here is the thread: NFS IPtables Troubles

I was invoking iptables through an autostart script and everything worked fine with NFS. . . for a while. I want to start iptables through systemd and I referenced this thread as it included iptables.service setup instructions: VPN: Include default iptables rule for tun0 or at least optional

I want to invoke it through systemd as I want iptables started before my network is online. I followed the instructions for creating the iptables.service and iptables starts fine as I am totally unable to ssh into the box (which is good for me). My NFS mounts unfortunately do not mount. Here are my sample configuration files:

iptables.service

nfs mount:

and finally my iptables.rules:

Code
    *filter
    -P INPUT DROP
    -P FORWARD DROP
    -P OUTPUT ACCEPT
    -A INPUT -i lo -j ACCEPT
    -A OUTPUT -o lo -j ACCEPT
    -A INPUT -m conntrack --ctstate ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
    COMMIT

I believe my problem essentially comes down to something like After=Network-online.service interfering with something. Any help or insight would be sincerely appreciated! My client is an Odroid C2.

Thanks for the response Escalade. I ran the following command to check to see that idmap was fully working:

cat /sys/module/nfsd/parameters/nfs4_disable_idmapping

It returned a Y so it is working. I am thinking that it is just my firewall configuration.

I got it to work with a basic configuration to deny incoming connections. I really was overthinking it. Here is the configuration that I used:

I tried that and it did not work. I also tried this:

Code
    /etc/sysconfig/nfs
    Code
    STATDARG="-p 32765 -o 32766 -T 32803"

This did not work either. My next step is to switch from ufw on my server to iptables to see if that helps. I have to admit that I am feeling pretty lost right now. I still do not have rpcbind.service running. I think I may need that for NFSv3.

I appreciate the response, subzero79. My question to you would be: Why does NFS work great without the firewall if the client opens a random port below 1024? My server is only configured for 111, 2049, and 20048.

Edit: I just read the Arch wiki and I believe I understand it now. In order for NFS3 to work behind a firewall, certain things have to be tweaked. If anybody cares to elaborate further while I'm sleeping, I would appreciate it.

I was reading about the dynamic ports a little bit but glanced over them because UFW is just a front end for iptables. I figured if those were the ports that I needed for UFW, that they would also work with iptables.

I do not have rpcbind.service going on my server as I believe that it was only needed for older versions of NFS. NFS works without iptables on Libreelec so maybe I am just not understanding something.

Hello Everybody,

I am currently using an Odroid C2 running the latest LibreElec. I was looking through the forums and saw that the best way to configure iptables was through autostart.sh , otherwise it will not survive a reboot. I am currently using NFS via the storage-Disk.mount feature. It works great when iptables is not present but I cannot get it to work when using iptables.

I should let you all know that I am a noob when it comes to iptables. I have been using ufw for sometime now. My server is configured with ufw and only allows in from specific ip addresses/ports. Again, this works fine when I do not have iptables running on my Odroid.

I have tried many different iptables configurations but I have not been able to get it to work. When I try to access it through Kodi, it times out and does not show that it is mounted. On my server, I allow in on the following port:111,2049,20048

Here is my most recent configuration that I tried: .25 is the server and .40 is the client. Any help would be sincerely appreciated. I do not want to allow any incoming connections to LibreElec but realize that Iptables has to have some input ability. I was using old computers running manjaro Linux before as my media centers. On those computers, I was using UFW and it was configured as "sudo ufw default deny" and it worked great.