Posts by ChimeyJimmey

Is strange the physical ports are all USB 2.0 in my boxes (beelink and mecool), but lsusb reports a USB 3.0 hub. There must be available on the board but unpopulated.

Maybe some developer can explain more in detail this.

Second that.

Here's the output on my S905X box:

Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub

Bus 001 Device 003: ID 1058:0748 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. My Passport (WDBKXH, WDBY8L)

Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0b95:1790 ASIX Electronics Corp. AX88179 Gigabit Ethernet

Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

BTW,

what is the "normal" operating temperature of the S905X, while rendering (even with some GUI elements)?

Is it normal to be a bit higher than the S905?

Just to give an update on the USB to Gigabit Ethernet:

Got this one:

12991105_2015_m_0_hi.jpg

It appears to be using ASIX AX88179 chipset and LE eats it like a charm.

Tested it with "streaming" an UHD audio pass-through media from my local SMB server - no more buffering crap on the S905X box. 8o

Now,

if someone can share some thoughts on the S905 USB ACPI power-off issue... ?:blush:

Greetings,

I am using the LE 8.1.2 build on two boxes (cheap "Karate" ones):

• S905X 2/8Gb (Ampak AP6330 WiFi chipset)

The box comes with 1Gbps Ethernet, allegedly, and LE boots only with gxl_p212_2g.dtb device tree descriptor file.
    Ethernet driver within this configuration appears to be: st_mac100

Is it possible to use the st_gmac driver, like in gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_OTG_Port.dtb?

Shutting down the box cuts the power to USB modules as well, and in that way - also stops my active cooling mod. :shy:

• S905 2/16Gb

Gigabit Ethernet here is working with st_gmac driver flawlessly.

However,

I've noticed when a graceful shutdown is initiated - USB power is not being cut to the external devices, thus external drives continue spinning for good.

Is this a specific of the S905 chipset, kernel ACPI modules or particular model board schematics design?

Thank you in advance for all your input on the matter. :thumbup:

Greetings,

I've just installed LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-8.0.2e on a RUPA M8S Pro box, which has a p201 platform and S905 chip 2G/16G and Gigabit network.

I've noticed some things when playing with different dtb files:

- the only ones working (booting) on this device are the gxbb_p201_2G.dtb from either the normal or LIRC trees.

- with either of these - neither LIRC nor the Gigabit LAN is working.

Any clues/hints on the Gigabit?

LIRC issue will survive, CEC is working fine.

Thanks in advance for your opinions.