Posts by rien-ne-va-plus

Code
    LibreELEC:/ # aplay -l
    **** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
    card 0: Set [C-Media USB Headphone Set], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
      Subdevices: 0/1
      Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

As noted, my speakers are connected to the stereo jack of above listed USB audio. The sound issue is reproducable whether RetroArch is started through Gamestarter or IARL. The sound in Kodi works without issues (and has been working through all the trial and error I've done).

Code
    LibreELEC:/ # cat /proc/asound/modules 
    0 snd_usb_audio

Since there is really no other audio module listed any more, I'm not sure what else to try. retroarch.cfg gives me

Code
    audio_device = "sysdefault:CARD=Set"

as selected through RetroArch. But I've tried all kinds of alternatives through the frontend and direct cfg editing, too.

I especially tried everything here: No sound on RPi3 with LibreELEC · Issue #39 · bite-your-idols/Gamestarter-Pi · GitHub

Thanks and cheers,

rien

please, try launching retroarch, then select a SNES core and launch a rom. If this works is something related with IARL, maybe the core is trying to launch is not named as it should.

OK, I got SNES to work with a ROM I found online and loaded directly from RetroArch. Thanks for replying to my basic questions. I'm not sure what's wrong with IARL, though...

I assume the sound problem could also not have to do with Gamestarter but I'm just out of ideas what to try. I've read all kind of wikis but did not have any luck getting a single sound of RetroArch. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks and cheers,

rien

Hi idols,

thanks for your assistance. The gamestarter_retroarch.log doesn't say much to me:

Code
    RetroArch [ERROR] :: RetroArch is built for dynamic libretro cores, but libretr$
    RetroArch [ERROR] :: Fatal error received in: "init_libretro_sym()"
    RetroArch [ERROR] :: This core requires a content file.

Regarding the sound I've tried both choosing different devices in the settins as well as entering them directly into the config, I really have no idea any more why no sound is coming.

I hope you guys have more ideas, thanks and cheers,

rien

Hi everyone,

To start off, thank you for all your hard work on this project.

I'm just getting started with LE and Gamestarter and struggling with a couple of things. I'm hoping you can help me.

Firstly, I cannot get the sound to work in retroarch. I'm using a 3,5 jack of an external USB sound card which with the internal sound deactivated. It works fine in Kodi and I only have one evice listed with aplay -L so I'm not sure why retroarch is not giving me sound.

Secondly I can't seem to get the SNES emulator to work. All the other emulators work but SNES always leads to a crash and a restart of Kodi.

I hope you can guide me to the right places, thanks for your help,

rien