I am using a rpi model b with LE 8.1.1. I have attached a HD44780 20x4 to the GPIO Pins of the RPI and installed the LCDProc addon from the LE repo and the LCDProc addon from the normal repo. In the LE addon i selected HD44780 as Driver.
My lcdd.conf Looks like this:
- 8.Hello="Welcome to"
- 10.GoodBye="Thanks for using"
I also tried ConnectionType=rpi, but the LCDD didnt start. Trying to start the LCDD manualy with ConnectionType=rpi caused this error:
- LCDd 0.5dev, LCDproc Protocol 0.3
- and many other contributors
- This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
- modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License
- as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2
- of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
- This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
- but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
- MERCHANTABILITY FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
- GNU General Public License for more details.
- You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
- along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation,
- Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301, USA.
- hd44780: unknown ConnectionType: rpi
- Driver [hd44780] init failed, return code -1
- Could not load driver hd44780
- There is no output driver
- Critical error while initializing, abort.
- Non-option arguments on the command line !
- Critical error while processing settings, Abort.
I am not getting a welcome message and the display looks like that:
What ist wrong? Please help me!