Posts by next2non

So to be clear do I need to copy of the file you mentioned and store it somewhere and whenever a new Libreelec version is out I need to copy that file back in there? Or the command you gave me earlier is sufficient every time?

Also, one last problem I have is that I cannot add IPTV channels they all fail. I had similar problem on an android box but that was fixed by the developer or the ROM (Wetek Play 2). The IPTV link I add is something like this

chunklist_w524857837.m3u8

Do you think this can be fixed in Tvheadend?

CvH

So managed to push the command in, and yes its working now :) I'm just noticing that whenever I reboot Tvheadend won't recognize my tv adaptor immediately, I have to unplug the USB and plug it back in. Is this normal?

If a new version of Libreelec is released do I need to reenter this command again?

Hi CvH

Received a reply from CrazyCat and my issue was closed, it's just too technical for me so i was wondering if you can help? Below is the comment he made

use USB Bulk transfer mode instead ISO

options cx231xx transfer_mode=0

So what am I suppose to do?

Hi CvH

Just an observation and I don't know if it's relevant/helpful or not but on the custom libreelec you made the TV adaptor is recognised as TurboSight TBS 5990 whereas in the official libreelec it is recognised as Tmax TAS 2101.

It showed something out of 3 mux's I tested 2 gave service and 1 gave zero service. They appeared after reboot otherwise when I entered them all 3 mux's showed failed.

Just to verify I enter into Libreelec through ssh and just enter "dmesg | paste"?

Hi CvH

Sorry for the misunderstanding :) I tested the file on my iPhone (VLC) and it looks exactly like the one I sent to you. I also tested your file but whenever I scan tvheadend says "scan no data, failed". Just to verify the version you sent is 8.0.1 Libreelec (community) (as per Koid->Libreelec->About)

So does the video file indicate error with drive or RPi 2 capability? What about the file you sent can you re modify it again for another test :)

Edit: After testing with each reboot some channels would appear, but some mux would give some service, other mix still show 0 service. Also the one mux I put give different channels, not as per what content it should give me.

Hi CvH

I did more testing it seems HD channels DVB-S/S2 with modulation QPSK will run fine where as HD channels with modulation 8PSK will not run. Seems the 8PSK modulation is bandwidth limiting factor. Do you think there is a way to overcome this?

Streaming the 8PSK channels from a different device running Tvheadend (Wetek play 2) runs fine on RPi 2.

CvH

Update - I did more testing now and reinstalled Libreelec v8.0.2 - SD channels work fine with both Audio and Video to the channels. Changing SD channels is fast and acceptable.

HD channels cannot be streamed, don't know why I get the following error in Tvheadend

Code
    2017-06-20 18:04:16.390 TS: Bader/10730V/LBC HD: H264 @ #371 Continuity counter error (total 1)
    Code
    2017-06-20 18:04:16.392 TS: Bader/10730V/LBC HD: MPEG2AUDIO @ #372 Continuity counter error (total 1)
    Code
    2017-06-20 18:04:26.414 TS: Bader/10730V/LBC HD: H264 @ #371 Continuity counter error (total 4346)
    Code
    2017-06-20 18:04:26.582 TS: Bader/10730V/LBC HD: MPEG2AUDIO @ #372 Continuity counter error (total 188)
    Code
    2017-06-20 18:04:26.983 TS: Bader/10730V/LBC HD Transport error indicator (total 1)
    Code
    2017-06-20 18:04:36.430 TS: Bader/10730V/LBC HD: H264 @ #371 Continuity counter error (total 8681)
    Code
    2017-06-20 18:04:36.574 TS: Bader/10730V/LBC HD: MPEG2AUDIO @ #372 Continuity counter error (total 376)
    Code
    2017-06-20 18:04:43.606 TS: Bader/10730V/LBC HD Transport error indicator (total 4)
    Code
    2017-06-20 18:04:44.063 tbl-base: cat: 10730V in Bader: invalid checksum (len 55, errors 1)

I tried to stream it to my iPhone instead of the TV and on my iPhone it streams but breaks a lot that its not viewable. Do you think HD channels cannot be streamed to either TV or iPhone due to the capability of RPi2?

Regards

Hi CvH

After couple of testing on my Raspberry Pi 2 using TBS5990 and Tvheadend 4.2 please find my findings:

1. Libreelec v7.0.2 "LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-7.0.2-dvbdrivers.img" - (from this website LibreELEC (unofficial) Kodi builds for additional DVB Drivers which I think it is yours) works for on both IPTV channels as well as DVB-S channels (booth audio and video). At first Tvheadend wouldn't recognize TBS5990 and in order to make it recognizable I used a trick (don't know what the reason is but this method works. I had to go to "DVB Drive Configuration" and select CrazyCat (official TBS driver) 3 times, each time it had to reboot and then the 4 time I had to select Official TBS open source drivers (formerly ljalves). With this trick TBS5990 becomes visible and I can add my IPTV & DVB-S channels and everything works fine here.

P.S. Just notised that after shutting down and opening Libreelec v7.0.2 all settings are lost :(

2. Libreelec official 8.0.1 - TBS5990 is immediately recognized by tvheadend, however when setting it up I can only add DVB-S, but the problem with this is only video would work with no audio (tested on HD channels) and when changing the channels its not smooth and would struggle around 10 seconds or so to change the channel. IPTV channels I wasn't able to add it, it would give me fail.

3. Libreelec official 8.0.2 - TBS5990 is recognized but when when trying to add both DVB-S and IPTV channels it would only fail.

4. I also tried to hook it up with Synology and using a Docker TVheadend from LinuxServer.io and it was not recognized as well.

I hope I could run it with Raspberry Pi 2 Libreelec v 8.0.2 but as mentioned cannot be setup.

Hi

I am currently running Libreelec RPi2 8.0.2and have a TBS5990, and it is being detected by Tvheadend. The problem I have is that when I add mux it won't scan and and I get "Fail". Even when I add IPTV channels it won't add them and give me a Fail. Tested on Tvheadend backend 4.2. Seems there is an issue with this Tvheadend, cause I'm running Tvheadend on other devices, even when I do not add a DVB-S to it, and just add an IPTV channel it would work.