Posts by aptalca

great work, it works really nice, only request i have is that it shows all available versions.

Like i update my fathers device sometimes only once a month, so when i want to go to last version i need to install now all versions between them.

Example: i had f installed and first had to install g to be able to install h

To me it only showed the latest. I was on e, when I checked available versions it only showed h and updated to that directly

Hi kszaq, I noticed that in your builds, when one goes to the addons/install from repository section and browses through the addons, the info section actually displays the "news" and the news section is blank. There is no way to see the addon info.

However when one goes to the addons/my addons section and browses addons, both the info and news sections are displayed properly.

I checked the chromebox running LE 8.0.1 generic, and on there the install from repository section displays the info correctly.

kszaq I just wanted to make sure that you saw this

Thanks

Hi kszaq, I noticed that in your builds, when one goes to the addons/install from repository section and browses through the addons, the info section actually displays the "news" and the news section is blank. There is no way to see the addon info.

However when one goes to the addons/my addons section and browses addons, both the info and news sections are displayed properly.

I checked the chromebox running LE 8.0.1 generic, and on there the install from repository section displays the info correctly.

I've been trying over and over to get a sonarr docker to work. (I could not get the addons to work on raspi3)
    not sure what im doing wrong here...

The pgid and puid should be entered under the env tab (environment variables), not under command. The command is what is supposed to run after the container is created. You want to leave that as default otherwise container will likely attempt to execute the command and once it fails, it will stop.

I am new to this OS. I am installing it on a 8GB stick right now. I guess I just boot to it? there is no way to modify the disk space when installing on hard drive. it only used 512mb out of a over 500GB drive. telling me it was already using 40% of the first partition right and end of install. that's crazy, they need to allow us the change partition size. anyhow i ran across your post and wanted to input what I am experiencing. I guess I can install a OS on the laptop after the install to the USB drive. no OS on it now.

During first boot, whether it's installed on hdd or from a flash drive, it resizes to utilize the entire drive. First partition is the read only system partition, that stays the same. Data partition is mounted as /storage

I have done that a different way with my lemp container :

Code
    while [ ! $(docker exec lemp ls /run/mysqld/mysqld.sock 2>/dev/null) ]; do sleep 0.5; done

You may have to adapt it to the location of the socket in your container.

That is an excellent suggestion. Thanks
    [hr]

It seems your issue is different (network related). In this case, kodi attempted to connect to the library 8 seconds after mysql went up. It should have connected just fine.

Do you have the option to wait for network before starting kodi turned on in libreelec settings? Also you can try to use the IP address for mysql rather than the hostname in advancedsettings.xml

Yes, I installed it and after many (re)boots (cold and warm) I would say it is ok 4 out of 5 times.
    Any log wanted?

Thanks for your efforts,
    BJ

So, if you could get logs from that 1 out of 5 times, that would be great.

I hardcoded a 10 second pause between the container creation/start and kodi service coming up. In my case, it takes about 4 seconds for mysql to be up and running after container start. Perhaps in some cases it may take longer?

For the logs you can try the following three:
    journalctl -u docker.linuxserver.mariadb
    journalctl -u kodi
    And of course checking the kodi log

I'm mostly interested in the timestamps comparing the time for the line with s6-init from the mariadb one and the kodi service start (and when kodi tries to connect to the database)

Figured out a way to make the kodi service wait for mariadb to go up. Just need to package it up in the most optimum way so that it only causes a delay for folks who use it for their kodi library
    [hr]
    Can you test installing this from zip? docker.linuxserver.mariadb-1.0.4.zip

It should update your existing addon. Then go into the addon settings and turn the last setting on

I tested it both ways and seems to work. Once you confirm, I'll push it to the repo

OK, I tried with "sleep 10" in autostart.sh, works but not so nice.
    I will give "/storage/.config/systemd/kodi.target.wants" a try....

Thanks for testing this.

I used the mariadb addon only for other services and not for the kodi library itself.

One possible fix is editing the mariadb addon's systemd service file and adding "Before=kodi.service" to make sure mariadb is up before kodi. Could you test that and let me know? If it works, I'll update the addon.

You can find the service file under /storage/.kodi/addons/docker.linuxserver.mariadb/systemd/

First, install the linuxserver repo from libreelec repo under addon repositories. Then from the linuxserver repo, install portainer. It will take a minute for it to enable the docker service, and then download the portainer image and create the container (if it is the first time installing the docker service, reboot for good measure)

in a web browser, go to your libreelec box's ip and port 9000, you should see the portainer gui. Then follow the below steps to create a pihole container: