Posts by wydziub

Hi Fragle,

Thanks for considering our choppiness problem. And also sorry for the delay, I had to finish renovation of two rooms, beside the kitchen and a had no access to Odroid or TV.

Unfortunately, choppiness is still here in LibreELEC-Odroid_U2.arm-8.2-devel-20170905122020-r26111-gbfacf5b6b :(

I guess there is just the way it is, and U2 users with this issue just have to stick with OE6.02 version.

Hi Fraggle,

Thank you for your interest in the problem.

Sorry for a hude delay with the answer. I have a kitchen renovation.

I took first free MP4 trailer of the movie:

rogue_one_a_star_wars_story-trailer.zip

-I don’t know those files are usually zipped :(

And the issue is very visible on it, especially on the beginning on panning scenes.

The picture is not fluent, but has significant jitter of frequency 2-3 Hz.

I have also filmed playback by phone on OE 6.02 and LE 8.02 so you can see the difference.

LibreElec 8.02:

LE 8.02 - Movie trailer MP4 H264 1080p on Odroid U2 - YouTube

OpenElec 6.02 by Zalaare:

OE 6.02 Movie trailer MP4 H264 1080p on Odroid U2 - YouTube

Unfortunately played back on YT, difference is not remarkable as seen on TV (maybe due to poor recording or YT compression). The biggest difference can be seen on panning scenes, but jittering is also noticeable in nearly every movement.

Media Info:

MediaInfo.txt

Hello everyone!

And many thanks to Fraggle for the effort of bringing latest LibreElec to U2/U3 !

Due to subtitles security flaw, I’ve just moved from OpenElec 6.0.2 made by Zalaare (ODROID • View topic - OpenELEC for Odroid-U2/U3/XU3/C1), which I’ve been using for many years now. It was working perfectly well on my U2.

I have a question. Does anyone is running LibreElec from this release on Odroid U2?

I’m asking, because I have on version 8.02 (I also tried 7.9) I have problem video playback for most files – regular 1080p .mp4 movies, about 1.4GB size.

Playback isn’t smooth, it very choppy. It almost look like playback has no hardware acceleration. But it has !

In fact, it look like it’s played using the same decoder on OpenElec6.02 and LobreElec8.02.

Info from OpenElec 6.02:
    D(Video: h264 (High) (avc1 / 0x31637661), you420p, 1920x1072 [SAR 1:1DAR 120:67],2049 kb/s)
    P(fr:23.976, vq:92%, dc:mfc-h264, Mb/s:1,53, drop:1, skip 2, pc:1)

Info from LibrElec 8.02:
    Video decoder: mfc-h264 (HW)
    Pixel format: YUV 4:2:0
    Deinterlace method: hardware
    Video stream 1,920x1072 px, 0.00AR, 23.976 FPS

CPU usages on both are very similar, and below 100%.

OE6.02 playback is 100% smooth while LE8.02 is far from that :(
    Menus are smooth, but when there is paused playback in the background there are also very choppy!
    The problem is on default settings and I also spend some time for checking is other settings my help (video buffer, audio settings, sync playback). No luck.

I also noticed, that in comparison OE6.02 in this version refresh rate cannot be changed, “Adjust display refresh rate” does not work and it fixed at 60Hz. I don’t know if this has something incommon.

Is Anyone here with U2 and smooth playback ?