Posts by wrxtasy

There is blame to be apportioned all around here...

Personally I give big fat warnings plastered all over the Kodi Hardware forums (and elsewhere) telling potential customers to stay away from unsupported AML S912 devices period unless they are strictly your DIY types. Even then its good luck with their endeavors.

Then you get the sellers with Flashy Deceptive Marketing who jump the gun trying to make a quick buck and release test AML Firmware with S912 devices that traps unsuspecting buyers. I'm looking squarely at you Beelink with your P.O.S. GT1 S912.

But yes ultimately it AMLogic themselves to blame for their poor Firmware, that includes very poorly documented codebase changes & bug fixed codebase releases to selected large SoC customers. Its about time AML stopped focussing so much on Hardware and put more effort into Firmware.

This is happening, but slowly and it going to take time.

i`ve got the problem, that i don`t know which repo to use for binary addons. I guess the update info i am getting is always for 64bit, because i get the following error for inputstream addon:

Log entry:

Code
    ERROR: Unable to load /storage/.kodi/addons/inputstream.adaptive/inputstream.adaptive.so.1.0.7, reason: /storage/.kodi/addons/inputstream.adaptive/inputstream.adaptive.so.1.0.7: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

I have a Script to works equally for 32bit to 64bit and back down to 32bit again.

It nukes ALL Addons to prevent these Binary incompatibility issues.

So I do not have to repeat myself, just follow instructions over on the C2 forums:
    ODROID Forum • View topic - Krypton 32bit to 64bit upgrade instructions.

You may have to go into Addons > MyAddons > Press left and check for updates when doing the 32bit <-->64bit switch.
    [hr]

Okay, thanks for checking it out. It came straight off of the Blu Ray like that from MakeMKV, so I'll try to re-rip with the latest version and see if it gets better.

Interestingly my latest LE 7.1.3 Jarvis that now includes the recent AML VC-1 & mpeg4 Video - Kernel updates plays back that Batman test clip.mkv perfectly.
    The old AML Kodi Jarvis uses bypass rendering compared to Kodi Krypton which now decodes and does its timing and rendering via a different route.

The whole clip is only around 20 seconds. There's a lot of debug in the log during playback, but I don't see any obvious errors. It does look like the framerate drops quite a bit during the motion-heavy sequences - like down to 12-13fps - and then comes back to ~24 afterward. Does the C2 just lack the horsepower to decode this?

I remuxed that Batman test clip into a .mp4 container (same Video Bitrate & Audio) using the iFFmpeg App on my iMAC and it then plays smoothly with Krypton on the C2.

So the C2 is definitely not lacking in Horsepower to do the job and more to do with either the VC-1 clip itself, container used, or the current AML VC-1 decoder implementation.

media_build is not possible on WP2 since it would break internal tuner support.

Unless you want to intentionally break internal tuner support and connect superior USB Dual Tuner DVB's to the Play2.

I can look at a standard 64bit media_build for the WeTek Hub. Now we have the 64bit memory allocation problem fixed. This would then be compatible with the official 64bit LibreELEC Hub builds, so users can flip between them easily if they wish.
    [hr]

sorry but I have not figured out how to move from LibreELEC-WeTek_Hub.aarch64-7.90.010.zip, your LibreELEC-WeTek_Hub.arm-8.0-rb-beta2b.img.gz.
    I tried to put the file LibreELEC-WeTek_Hub.arm-8.0-rb-beta2b.img.gz. but it tells me that the update is not compatible ......

I would suggest when updating any LibreELEC that you use the .tar updates only as its a noticably quicker update process than using a .img.gz file.

Nice detailed post there melibokus !

Glad its all working. :)

Question are these Geniatech T230 - Single or Dual tuners ?

One suggestion is to post up this Linux-TV DVB Hardware info page for future reference:
    Hardware device information - LinuxTVWiki

This old list of DVB Tuners should help as well for those on the hunt for possible DVB tuners:
    Supported TV Tuners - OpenELEC

CvH needs to be thanked here for providing backported media_build & DVB driver support for LibreELEC platforms and kszaq for 32bit AML DVB Kernel bug busting.

Oh and for those shopping for ODROID C2's in Europe. I've noticed pollin.de does some decent package deals.

coreire was right on the money in Page#2... the v3.14 AML Linux Kernel used in AML LibreELEC and Android devices has support for ASIX Chipset USB to Ethernet adapters...

Here is a list of sources for such adapters:

• ASIX AX88772 Chipset - USB to Ethernet Adapters such as this cheap (Apple clone) one
    • Other ASIX AX compatible adapters listed HERE and HERE

For 4K video streaming you may need to increase the Kodi Video Cache as well, via advancedsettings.xml, the Kodi Wiki for that:
    HOW-TO:Modify the video cache - Official Kodi Wiki

But it you want more features you have to stick with kszaq :). My builds are limited to WH, WP2 and C2. WH and WP2 support probably works very good in kszaq's build!

I'm thinking of adding some "features" to RB's build, now he has done all the Hard Yakka on getting 32bit LE up and working ! :P

You may want to add specific instructions for deleting the 64bit backup Addon packages:

Code
    rm /storage/.kodi/addons/packages

Hello,

Now they are different release of LE for Odroid C2, that we can find on LE web site or Odriod forum for example (sorry for the ones I forget). All have several upgrade and a lot of work was done.

My friend Raybuntu has been releasing 32bit test versions of LE 7.9 beta which lesson the memory leak issue quite a bit.
    These C2 Krypton test versions also have very good video sync and are good enough for me to use on a daily basis.

ODROID Forum • View topic - LibreELEC Krypton/Leia/Agile 64bit kernel 32bit libs

No.

Actually the answer should be YES, smooth 23.976fps video playback is still a WIP for all AML LE Kodi Krypton platforms.
    You still get the ~41 second video frame upset playing 23.976fps video at a refresh rate of 24Hz. (No Sync playback to display)

Best bet is to turn off Kodi dynamic Refresh switching all together for the time being and use a Kodi GUI of 1080p60Hz if this glitch upsets you.

Sync Playback to display has to disable Passthrough Audio because Audio has to be converted to PCM and then sped up or slowed down to match the fps of the source video content. You will notice this at the start of video playback sometimes when the Pitch of the Audio changes up/down as A/V Sync does its thing.

Whilst I applaud someone taking the initiative here is the thing. Cheap AML S905 hardware is "good" enough for most.

Its the Firmware and Software development support that kills most S905 boxes. Simply put. Its virtually non existent for budget Android devices.

And then we come to the very vital aspect of GPL Open Source Software. That being the AMLogic Kernel and LibreELEC / Kodi Open Source Code.
    Any exclusive code modifications to support commercial LibreELEC boxes, MUST be published for all to see and then everyone else gets to use and improve on your code.

There is no greater way to piss off a development community than infringing upon Open Source development code.

Where is your exclusivity then ?

You need something in a product that no one else has.
    WeTek for example have Widevine Level 1 DRM and Netflix in an easy as, Dual boot box. ODROID release an Open multi purpose platform with high quality componentry with great developer support.

A good example of recent GPL infringement issues concern Xiaomi HERE

The ODROID C2 with high quality v5.0 Samsung eMMC flash storage is the fastest of the lot.

Why - well you can overclock both the CPU and DDR3 RAM to stay within thermal Safety limits without being CPU throttled.
    A whopping great heatsink helps ! :P

Want Kodi Artwork and thumbnails to instantly popup. Fast eMMC Flash storage is what you need.

The S905 MINIX NEO U1, consistently outperforms others with eMMC Flash R/W speeds as seen in the chart HERE
    From daily use when using Android Marshmallow - the USA Spec Xiaomi Mi Box is also a surprisingly quick little thing. Xiaomi also appear to be using fast, high quality eMMC memory as well if you look at the previous chart.

WeTek S905 devices are also using fast Samsung eMMC flash as seen HERE

In the end you get what you pay for so far as quality physical Hardware components are concerned.
    If you really want to Nerd up, this is the Samsung eMMC Flash storage I'm talking about. (Read the brochures)

Fast enough is good enough for most people, and LE S905 boxes are the best bang for the buck, pure Kodi boxes going around.
    RPi's don't stand a chance.

How is it unusable? I was getting a lot of double clicks when I used my remote. It turned out that the odroid c2 was reading both the ir and cec signal at the same time. You can check by obscuring the ir sensor with your hand to see if that fixes the problem.

Ha Ha, that 'ol chestnut that caused much Head Scratching and swearing in days gone past ! :cool:

Originally, everyone loved Amlogic S912, only the received device noticed mistakes.....

No Everyone did not love the AML S912. Only the gullible Newbies, that looked primarily at fancy tech Specs and Bullshit marketing and then jumped in boots and all and bought a lemon. Just chalk it down as a media player purchase educational lesson and move on.

I've actually given out 4 seperate warnings over on the Kodi forums NOT to buy any S912's, the Firmware and support is so bad:
    START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated May 2017)