Posts by Cavia

There's an issue with that service. Try another one. If they all don't work, then I'd suggest there's something blocking them (either your network of the VPN), which is probably going to cause you problems using the VPN connection anyway (this is why I don't offer the ability to turn this off)

It's not an issue with the VPN, that connects regardless. This is just validating that your external IP address is being used and trying to determine where the internet thinks it is.

Some debugging for you.

Of the 3 services for checking the IP:
    - IPinfoDB does not block (goes timeout)
    - IP-API does not block (goes timeout)
    - freegeoip.net is the blocking one which also blocks the Auto Select option (reboot of RPI is required)
    Moreover, the VPN or the network are not blocking them since, if I activate the VPN on my laptop I can ping all 3 services,

and they work correctly when using another VPN on RPI (AirVPN).

Thus there must be something else.
    Let me know if some log file could help you

It can't get the info to determine where the IP is located. If it's set to automatic, then it should cycle between the different connections. See this option

07. Debug Options · Zomboided/service.vpn.manager Wiki · GitHub

So, I tried to change the
    'Change IP Location service' option into a single service, instead of Auto Select.
    After a LOOOOOOOONG timeout, the service will say that the IP is unknown but the VPN service will NOT be validated.

Meaning that you cannot load it, when you want to use it.

Hi there,

Since a couple of days, probably since I updated to 17.3 Libreelec, I get "connected, checking location info" when trying to connect to server. I am using HMA, Have re-instaleld Kodi, the addon, on 2 diffrent devices (Intel NUC).

Any idea what is going wrong?

Many thanks!

Hey guys,

same exact problem here :(