Posts by DLH007

mglae, thank you very much for the information.

i have found a better solution, sadly I didn't have this idea much earlier.

Logitech has a own profile for zotac zbox for the logitech harmony. this profile works perfect out of the box. starting or shutdown my system is not a problem anymore.

before:

- starting pc with pressing his power button at front or use wake on lan

- then start all other devices (av-receive with correct input and tv with correct input) with the harmony, this must be done a few seconds later after starting the pc

- if too late, the pc was already done, gets the power signal from remote and turns off, or he didnt get hdmi signal from av-receiver and this turns into audio/video issues

> solution, turn on av-receiver/tv first, then start pc > all ok

- but this was not a solution for my girlfriend, one time she makes the correct sequence sometimes not > result in several on/off cycles for the devices (thats why i search for disabling power off the pc with remote)

NOW:

- simplye ONE button press on the logitech harmony, all devices start in correct sequence > HAPPPY :)

- beforce i know the zotac logitech profile, starting pc with remote was not possible

my keymap doesnt work, he still shutdown.

bring up the menu with power button will not work, i use a logitech harmony which shutdown all devices together . so the tv will be off beforce i can use the shutdow menu.

i prefer to bring up the shutdown menu with another button on my harmony and shutdown the pc, this works already. then shutdown the rest of the devices with one press on power button on harmony.

background: if i start the pc first and then all the other devices with harmony (which will send power signal) the pc will turn off and i had to start him again.

sadly i cant edit the power on/off the sequences on the logitech harmony. if i remove the pc from the sequence, then i lost the possibility to control the pc with logitech harmony.

please give me futher help

thanks

Hello,

i was testing Libreelec after using Openelec. I was not able to browse the Network shares in Libreelec, but in Openelec.

After some testing, i found that Libreelec must use a old samba version. Because i had disable SMBv1 on my windows machine, i wasnt able to browse.

Microsoft recommend to disable SMBv1 because its old, slow and insecure, you may heard about Wannacry Ransomware.

Stop using SMB1 | Storage at Microsoft

So if someone use and unpatched/infected windows machine, this machine is able to encrypt Libreelec shares. Im not sure if old samba is an issue itself or can be an infect host, but i think is not a good idea to use such old version.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My other request is to support DisplayPort, as far as i know its not possible to use DisplayPort with any type of machine with Libre or Openelec. In my case i use a Zotac Zbox ci323 nano. It works with VGA and HDMI, but no chance with Displayport.

best regards, and thanks :)