Posts by infinity85

Hi,

I'm not sure whether this is a kodi related or a LibreELEC related issue, but as LibreELEC is responsible for the filesystem as the underlying OS I want to describe the issue here as well.

When I export the video library (single file) to SD Card (ext 4) on my Odroid C2 everything is fine at first. If you then try to copy this directory for backup reasons - which contains fanart, coverart and so on of tv shows and movies - this fails. It fails via SMB, but I'm not sure if this affects also NFS or so. The same happens if I export the Library to my external NTFS USB drive.

The issue is that some library directories have names like:

"TRON:_Der_Aufstand"

This is only one of at least 10 directories which have colons in its filenames, thus I cannot copy the Backup off the system to another system.
    As filenames containing a colon are not allowed on NTFS and in windows (are they allowed on ext4 drives?), this behavior damages the filesystem on my NTFS HDD (connected to Odroid C2 running LibreELEC). At first I didn't notice it, because the directories were build during library export process on my SD-Card. But when I connected to the drive via SMB and tried to copy the backup before formatting the SD-Card, it was not possible. And it is also not possible to rename these directories :/. Hence (at first I thought) I could only get rid of this directories if I format the drive (NTFS drive with 3TB of data).

Later I noticed this:
    The faulty directories are there directly after exporting... I can see them in Kodi file manager and via SMB. But I get an error if I try to access them via SMB. But then suddenly when I connect this usb-device again to my windows Laptop afterwards, these directories are missing. I'm not sure what happens to them. Also a lot of other directories from this exported library-backup were not there anymore. I assume that all directories, which were written after the faulty one (containing this colon), are broken then and not visible or corrupted. I'm not sure if they occupy space on the disk, but I think they do, even though they cannot be accessed or found anymore, but they could be seen at first before remount of the drive.

The result of this is: The library backup (export) is always broken/incomplete immediately after doing the export because those colon-library entries are gone and some other folders which were written afterwards are also gone.

All this sounds a bit confusing (colon directories there at first, but not accessable and not deletable; then gone completely and taking other folders with them), but something strange is happening because of these colons in filenames, which should be avoided during creation of library (and backup) in the first place.

So... is it possible to prohibit LibreELEC doing filenames, which contain colons?

These filenames originally come due to overtaking the series names during scraping with the default thetvdb.com scraper addon. The above example shows:
    Tron: Der Aufstand TRON: Der Aufstand: Series Info
    Tron: Uprising Tron: Uprising: Series Info

So LibreELEC could do some kind of validity check while making a library (to not even start doing such filenames). And then again a validy check while exporting a library for cases like these, thus it could then do a substitution for signs like colons. Windows for example substitutes a "colon" with "%3A".

Hi

apparently you got lost here somehow

The main support discussions are here: ODROID Forum • View forum - LibreELEC - Kodi Project

I described the same tearing problem here: ODROID Forum • View topic - CEC Questions and Issues

As you stated already, tearing is related to some changes introduced with LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.0.2.use.Kry.Pulse8.tar testbuild.

A fixed build is on its way according to a post from wrxtasy in above mentioned odroid subforum. Just keep an eye on the main thread in odroid LibreELEC subforum.