Posts by gnuelec

Sorry for the late reply.

I am wondering if the latest OpenELEC build 8.0.4 supports your box more properly

I attempted a clean install of 8.0.4, however it reproduced the former issue Installs successfully, then hangs on splash/boot screen after reboot prompt.

Install the latest Generic build first, just to get the bigger system partition size. After that, you can use .tar files to update/downgrade more easily.

I should have prefaced that with more information

I received the sh:cant accees tty:job control turned off error, when doing only a clean install of the latest generic build

When upgrading with .tar from usable build I received Your System (FAT) partition is too small for this update

I'm unaware of any other alternatives. If you have any understating relative to circumventing the issue, I would appreciate it

If not, I will continue using the above-mentioned usable build LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-7.90.009.img

Clean install of LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.0.2.img after prompted reboot from install, hangs on splash screen

Spec Sheet: HP Pavilion g6-1d62nr Notebook PC Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

======================================================================================

Facing an issue installing the current generic x86 builds from 7.90.010 -- 8.0.2

Installs successfully, then hangs on splash/boot screen after reboot prompt.

Tried installing previousLibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-7.90.009.img and it functions normally.

Attempted a work-around manually updating from LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-7.90.009.img

to the current LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.0.2.img.

However I was faced with a size error Your System (FAT) partition is too small for this update

After resizing /dev/sda1 in gpartion, it proceeded to hang on the splash/boot screen.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There may have been some internal change between LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-7.95.0. and LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.0.2.img that

discarded support for older Generic.x86_64 devices.

Similar to imx6-solidrun-kernel-3.14 issue Index of /imx6-solidrun-kernel-3.14/