Posts by lefty420

:) I'm deffinatley willing to learn! It's just taking it in and having the time to give it a go. Im slowly trying to grasp python and have made some small youtube kodi addons. I'll keep learing what I can.
    Good to know its not all IT guys out there. :)

Wow top stuff as usual escalade! I'm still very much learning so I couldnt even attempt making an addon. But this paves the way for someone to create one. I'll keep researching and playing (Im a carpenter by trade) so coding is very new to me. But I am a hobbyist :)

Hey guys I've been trying to get chemstar's openelec dolphin addon to work. I'm still learning compiling and getting it all wrong.

Chemstar's addon needs updating and I think its beyond my capabilities.
    I can't find any git of chemstars addon but his addons can be found Here

If you try and run the emulator from terminal you get

dolphin-emu: error while loading shared libraries: libavcodec.so.56: cannot open shared object file: No such file or di
    rectory

So I'm guessing it needs rebuilding with updated libs. I'm running 17 alpha 2 not sure if that's relevant but the last time I Had the addon workin was openelec 15.2

If anyone one could update chemstar's addon that would be great. I'll keep messing with it and see if I can fix it. But I wouldn't hold your breath I'm not a coder :(

Ok, I haven't tested it yet just pulled the latest cherry trail patches from plbossart, which is what's been used before. I have a Wintel Pro myself as well, but haven't had time to test the latest on it. Will do after the weekend.

Thanks dude, I had the box laying around be nice to make some use of it.
    Update working great on x64 setup :) Do you have any plans to add dolphin into the build?
    Oh and just a heads up, scummvm core has had an update that allows you to boot directly to the game, and it works great from emulationstation and IRAL.

Tired to run the build on a wintel pro box which is an atom chery trail but theres no sound device detected. Kodi doesnt show the hdmi, and aplay comes back blank. I Had sound working previously with an older build but it I may have updated it from a retropayer build. The log doesnt give musch awway but the audio is detected as pulse audio. I presume thats the default fall back.
    Ill have a tinker.

You'll probably need to set up your asound.conf if you haven't already ;)

I have a around.conf in .config but not in /etc would that make a difference? When I load steam it doesn't seem to save any data. So every time I run the script it loads as if it's been ran for the 1st time , accept disclaimer, enter login ect ect. Any ideas where I'm going wrong?

I know it's slightly off topic and may not be where you want to take your build but I'd love to have steam as an option. Any help and guidance would be appreciated.

Took the plunge and re did my x86 box, fair play the build is amazing. So much more stable than my last openelec setup. Thanks for this and keeping it updated!

Zackmorris's IRAL works great, I had to change the mame core to and older version to get zack's mame softlists to work but apart from that its seemless. I also added more systems to emulationstation via the es_systems.cfg if anyones interested.

I've been looking for an emulationstation setup for my htpc ever since I started messing with the PI so again thanks so much for this build !

I wouldn't know, I don't use IARL or retroplayer for that matter. I do know that retroarch is not used though, retroplayer simply loads the libretro cores inside Kodi. Which is where it fails to begin with if you ask me, as I can't imagine Kodi as fat as it is will offer the same low inputlag as standalone retroarch running with KMS. This is purely speculation from me though, so feel free to prove me wrong.

IRAL has support for both retroplayer and standalone retroarch. It can be used as a front end without the need for users to populate the roms manualy. It pulls the roms from the internet archive and launches then via the core in the case of retroarch. It has support for openelec, windows, mac, and rpi. It also features an inbuild wizard to setup the addon with the correct retroarch cores for your setup. It also scrapes the archives with covers and links to ingame movies via youtube.
    It also supports mame soft lists so systems like c64, apple2, colecovision, neogeocd ect can be ran via the mame core. Might be worth looking into if you havent.

Here is a little iral compatibility list I have asked Zackmorris to take a look at it. I found the launch script so I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks for the advise :) I'll given it a whirl. Theres nothing wrong with lrusak's builds I just like the idea of being able to load emulationstation as well as having retroarch/retroplayer. Do you know if the build is compatible with zackmorris's Internet archive Rom launcher addon? I'd image the retroarch is diffrent from tsmek's openelec version. Since retroarch is not an addon in your build. I'll give it a test.
    Thanks for this project cant wait to give it a blast.

Hi there just stumbled abon your release and it looks awesome I have a few question I hope thats ok.
    Ive recently moved from openelec to libreelec using lrusak's retroplayer build and was wondering if there were any plans to incldue retroplayer features in the future. I understand you like a frontend but I must say native kodi support is coming on leaps and bounds.
    Secondly Ive noticed that your build required the system partition to be at least 500mb which is unabling to to update my current build. Is there a way to get around this for example bootling a live gparted and resize the system partition? I have my roms setup on the hd and it would be a pain to to a full install.
    The build sounds amazing and I'm itiching to try it.
    Kind Regards
    Lefty