Posts by Neural_oD

Arcee
    just to let you know - it's not working, but not sure if that's cause the files I have aren't compatible or what?

I downloaded a couple of files, the one I thought would work had these files in the zip:

recovery.img

logo.img

KERNEL

dtb.img

bootloader.img

system(folder)

META-INF(folder)

However this was for M8Splus - so it never came up with a logo, the only thing that happened was that it kept cycling to the current logo that's on the box at the moment.

*** feeling this should be the right "type" of file with the recovery.img files etc, but I feel that I should try to find one for the M8S....

The other zip I had had these in:

KERNEL

system(folder)

META-INF(folder)

this too didn't work....

As a side note - I'm comfortable that I'm doing the toothpick method right, as I'm able to flash a android based rom on this..... however in that zip the folder contents are these....

u-boot.bin

recovery.img

n200c-ota-20151110.zip

factory_update_param.aml

Any suggestions would be great.....

As mentioned I can run libreelec from the sdcard, but I'd really like to flash it straight onto the nand

Demetris - firstly thanks so much for this - it's really awesome

Help needed all

I'd bricked my device, and managed to get this build working, so that was good. Just one things now....

My question.....how do I put this onto Nand? I have looked about the forums, they mention doing this with WETEK. However, my device is a:

M8s S812 - n200c board I think.....Is there a way to run this libreelec straight from nand, without using the sdcard?
    Reason for this, is that my sdcard is old, and I'd prefer using the nand anyway and getting rid of the old android 4.4.2.....

I'm assuming we'd have to use dd or something similar.

Anyway can someone point me in the right direction? thanks in advance :)

ps - I'm aware of flashing a zip file from recovery - done it on my phones etc. Could I make a zip from these img files, that would flash from recovery onto the nand?