Posts by SimonC

Hi,

I'm having a problem with the Library Auto Update add-on with LE10.0.0.

I'm using Library Auto Update version 1.2.3 with "Clean Libraries" option enabled.

The library auto update finds new files to add to the library, but appears to get caught in a loop of continually scanning for new content and never cleans the library to remove content that is no longer available.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there a fix?

My current workaround is to manually enter the Media Settings menu and select "Clean Library".

My hardware is Raspberry Pi Model 4B. The music, movie and tv libraries are stored on a NAS and are mounted using CIFS protocol through commands in autostart.sh on startup.

The mount command I use is (using the tv library as an example)....

mount –t cifs –o username=user,rw,vers=1.0 //http://xx.xx.xx.xx/tv /storage/tv

where //http://xx.xx.xx.xx/tv is the IP address and path to the TV library on the NAS, and /storage/tv is the mounting point on the Raspberry Pi LE10.0.0 file system

I did not experience this using LE9.2.x, although I did mount the libraries using SMB in the past. My (ancient) NAS supports SMB V1 but not V2 or V3, so that is no longer an option.

Thanks,

Simon.

LE only crashes while idling in my case. Usually never when under "load".

Did you get a resolution to this? I'm experiencing a similar problem with LE9.2.1 running on a Raspberry Pi 4 with 4GB memory.

The system is fine while it's involved with some sort of playback, but has a tendency to restart if it's left idle about once every 12-24hours.

It's not a major problem, because it's only happening when the system is already idle. But I feel that there's an underlying issue somewhere that I haven't been able to identify.

I don't think it's power related, because I can run the system under a load without an issue.

I don't think it's memory; typically there's over 3GB memory available.

Similarly, it's not running short on storage.

Kodi 18.x (LE 9.2) is py2 based. Kodi 19.x (will be LE10) is py3 based. I doubt we have removed that module (we haven't touched our python config in aeons). More likely the ABC iView add-on developer started to update their add-on for K19, and instead of maintaining both py2 and py3 version of the add-on they are attempting to cheat with a single add-on and py2/py3 compat tools. My guess is they are wrongly assuming all distros have this stuff present, and they broke backwards compatibility.

Thanks chewitt.

The ABC iView add-on hasn't been updated for a long time.

Other users have reported similar errors with LibreElec.

ImportError: No module named lib2to3.pgen2.parse · Issue #13 · foreverguest/repository.foreverguest · GitHub

It seems libreelec doesn't include the lib2to3 module. Apparently most distributions have it by default.