Posts by lokiwow

lokiwow

RPi doesn't need asound.conf. What you do need is dtparam=audio=on in /flash/cmdline.txt for ALSA to work at all.

okay i went and removed the asound.conf, i have "dtparam-audio-on" in my cmdline.txt, i had it in the config.txt as well, still no luck i have tried leaving the audio device black and changing, i have tried changing the rate to 48000 and 44100 that didn't help either.

edit: right after i posted this i removed a few settings and it worked, thank you for the help.

that is one of the things i said i tried, sorry if i didn't explain it properly.

with L or l this is what it outputs : "

**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****

card 0: ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA], device 0: bcm2835 ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA]

Subdevices: 8/8

Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

Subdevice #1: subdevice #1

Subdevice #2: subdevice #2

Subdevice #3: subdevice #3

Subdevice #4: subdevice #4

Subdevice #5: subdevice #5

Subdevice #6: subdevice #6

Subdevice #7: subdevice #7

card 0: ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA], device 1: bcm2835 ALSA [bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI]

Subdevices: 1/1

Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

LibreELEC:~ # aplay -L

null

Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture)

sysdefault:CARD=ALSA

bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 ALSA

Default Audio Device"

that would make the device "hdmi:CARD=ALSA,DEV=1" correct? placing that as the variable in the asound.conf and the as the retroarch.cfg still produces no sound, also the command you stated to use specifically while in Kodi gives the same results as listed above regardless of when i use the command, that would seem to indicate they are using the same devices.

Edit: the emulation station log outputs this line of text as well "AudioManager Error - Unable to open SDL audio: ALSA: Couldn't open audio device: No such file or directory"

hi, i have been having some audio issues in restroarch kodi works just fine. i configured the asound.conf properly i believe.

i can get sound to output while retroarch is running using SSH with the command "speaker-test -c 2 -D plughw:0" otherwise no emulator outputs sound.

i have tried setting the audio device in the retroarch settings to "hw:0,1", ""hw:0,0", and "hw:0" as well as the default blank setting. no joy.

Am i missing something?

thanks in advance for any help :D

edit: i am on a RPI3