Posts by sakos

There is a setup with RPi2 and an DVBSky S960 USB DVB-S2 tuner (m88ds3103 chipset) running latest Libreelec 7.95.3 and Tvheadend addon in the repo. The problem described below was also seen with LE7.0.2 and an older 4.1.xxxx Tvh. No change after upgrade to latest.

There are many short picture disturbances, at least 2-3 per minute. Meanwhile many "continuity counter error" entries can be seen in the log.
    The signal strength looks good, the BER counter is zero.
    I assume the input signal quality is good. There is a dual output twin LNB. One output is connected to this system the other is connected to a cheap Chinese set-top-box. While this RPi system suffers continuous problems on all HD channels, the other box performs well with absolute perfect reception without any disturbance over several hours.

I have been using Tvheadend on different locations and devices for ages now, and I always experienced that TVH systems are very sensitive for disturbances and produces short picture dropouts and this hateful "continuity counter error", however not in this extent.

What shall I do to find out the root cause and get rid of this annoying problem? Could it be a performance limitation of RPi?

Video

This change was stated in 7.90.009 release notes, and we have been explicitly instructed by upstream Kodi that ADSP is not supported yet and should not be available in Krypton hence there are no ADSP add-ons available in the repo used by 7.90.009 builds. In fact we're missing a patch to completely disable ADSP in code; we'll cook something up before 8.0.0 release (thanks for the reminder).

When the feature is considered fully-baked and supportable by its creators it will reappear. Until then, don't be over dramatic. Krypton has better audio support than any previous Kodi release.

I know that Audio DSP is not officially supported due to issues, however I do not understand the efforts to make harder the usage what has been working. The ADSP addons were removed some release before (I think it was before LE 7.90.009) and now the ADSP manager cannot be opened in Kodi. Meanwhile ADSP is still working.
    There was an updated version of adsp.biquad.filters addon at an early stage of Krypton. I am still using this addon for EQ on my RPi, and it works like a charm. It still does the job in LE7.95.2 the only problem that the settings cannot be accessed. I cannot understand why this change has been made. What is the benefit of such change. New ADPS addons cannot be installed anyway due to removal from the repo, existing ADSP addons still work. What is the point of blocking the configuration of them?

After upgrading to LE7.95.2 I cannot open Audio DSP manager on Audio tab of System settings. It was working in LE7.90.008.

I am using adsp.biquad.filters for audio equalization. The EQ is still operating in LE7.95.2l, however I cannot access the graphical settings menu via Audio DSP manager.

Can you suggest any workaround to access audio manager? I tried with Kodi command "activatewindow(10154)". It opens the DSP manager window, however it is empty :(

I have a similar issue on Wetek Play, starting in 7.90.009 it will not play MP3 streams. But it does not crash, it only says "ERROR: CAudioDecoder: Unable to Init Codec while loading file ..."

Suggest you might disable all PVR modules to see if it makes a difference. It worked for me once, but the problem returned after the next boot.

I do not have any PVR addon enabled. Meanwhile tested with Kodi Krypton RC2 on Windows and the same problem is there hence this is a pure Kodi issue. A new topic has been created in Kodi forum.

This problem has started after upgrading to 009 and present on 010 as well. No problem with any pre 009 builds.

Symptom: During boot the picture gets black. Even the debug text on the screen disappears. Kodi does not respond on any input. Finally Kodi restarts.

Setup: RPi with Aeon NOX Silvo skin. I know that beta releases shall be tested with official skins only, however this problem is an obvious degradation.
    Originally the problem appeared after the skin intro movie finished. Other users has also reported this fault. When I switched on Kodi debug the reproduction was a bit harder and the problem came in different phases of Kodi start.
    Two debug logs are attached log1, log2

This severe fault is introduced in LE 7.90.009 and present in 010 as well. 008 and all previous versions work fine. The fault comes on both RPi and x86 HTPC.

When opening a particular webradio station Kodi freezes. The only recovery is a system restart. The reproduction rate is 100% with this webradio station.
    Kodi log covering the fault occurence can be found here.

I am using Radio addon to browse and open stations. The particular station is called "90.9 Jazzy rádió" which can be found in the Hungarian folder of the addon. The url is: jazzy.mp3

tried both ways one at the time, kodi18 build didnt help but klojums tip did fix it, thanks for that. Hope libcec fixes the detection though as this is not so plug n play :)

Same problem on my system after upgrading from 008 to 010.
    When LE initiates CEC TV switches to wrong HMDI input. (Input 1 instead of input3) After manually change the HDMI port in CEC settings it works again however I do not like this way. It worked fine before with automatically finding the right input. The need of manual setting is a huge degradation.

ADSP works fairly well on x86 hardware but I've been told the RPi code still needs quite a bit of work .. which is one of several reasons why it will be held back until Kodi v18. This is not the solution you're looking for (at least not yet).

Finally I managed to install and configure equalizer (biquad filter addon) on LE 7.90.007. Looks OK so far. Not flawless but looks OK so far.

Hi,

This is a very annoying degradation in Kodi behavior in LE 7.90.x Krypton Alpha releases.
    When swithcing back and forth between playlist and full screen playback Kodi forgets the playlist and always reloads it which may take long time. In comparison with LE7.0.2 the playlist is kept and the switching between the two modes practically has no delay.

How to reproduce.
    1. Clean install of LE.
    2. Install Radio addon. (I selected this because it reads the list of channels from the internet)
    3. Start addon, select Genre/Jazz/any station
    4. Switching between the channel list and full screen playback back and forth.

I made two videos to compare easily compare the behavior. Actually the skin is different beacuse I used the default skin, however I verified that the problem is present in Kodi Krypton with Confluence skin as well.

LE 7.0.2 working fine
    LE 7.90.009 slow reload of channel list

I cannot see this difference in windows versions of Kodi. Probably because the PC is much faster.

ADSP is "work in progress" so maybe not so working. Oh well. Mixer allows you to set the volume controls on various things. It is a mixer not an EQ.

When I try to enable any of the Audio DSP addons (either adsp.basic, asdp.freesurround or adsp.biquad.filters), I get the same error in the log: " ERROR: Audio DSP - GetModes - query failed". Does this mean that Audio DSP is completely missing or bad?
    According to Audio DSP wiki the first two addons are available on all platforms except Android since Kodi v16. Why do they all fail?
    Is there an LE build for Raspberry where it works at lest to have a test?

It will be possible in Kodi v18 if/when the ADSP add-ons are finished and supported. If you run LE 7.90.001-008 you'll find them in the add-on repo. If you run 7.90.009 (next alpha) they have been removed from our repo due to the upstream decision to bump them to v18.

I am on LE7.90.008. Biquad filters addon is installed however I could not find a way how to run it.
    [hr]

Is Audio Mixer an equalizer? I can see a lot of controls without any text. All set to zero.

Is there any possibility to have audio equlizer (bass and treble control) on Raspberry Pi running Libreelec? I have an alsa audio device (Hifiberry Amp+) and I would like to add some basic sound changes. I hardly belive that it is not possible but could not find any solution yet.

Hi,

Now, I have Hifiberry and Alsa audio device selected. Audio mixer window now shows many controls below each other. Each has a mute and a level option but there is no any text to help what they are good for. I could not find any user manual for this addon either. I have doubts if Audio Mixer is an EQ at all.

I found another official LE addon for EQ. It is "Biquad Filters" however it seems not running on RPi.

Isn't there any solution for EQ on RPI?