Posts by Challenged

I have the same problem (i5/4GB/nvidea gtx 1050)

This may not be the same problem at all, since your card is so new, but I was able to get my 600 and 700 series nvidia cards going by using the autostart.sh trick mentioned by Escalade in this thread. Basically you create a file called /storage/.config/autostart.sh with the following content:

rm /var/run/xorg-configure.done && /usr/lib/xorg/xorg-configure nvidia-legacy

The machine will still hang on bootup with the Xorg failure screen, but after 30 seconds or so it'll eventually start up normally after that autostart.sh file triggers. Unfortunately while this worked decently, it would also hang up my keyboard and I would need to use Ctrl-Alt-F3 to get to a terminal, then run: service xorg restart;service kodi restart (I think) in order to fix the keyboard issue.

I attempted to rebuild Escalade's git repo in order to edit the nvidia udev config file, which I think would force it to use the legacy driver for my problematic cards, but after messing with it for hours I gave up and just ended up using my Intel NUC device.

----

Not related, but I also find that I can't launch VIDEO_TS directories from the Movie sections with Escalade's build, but MP4 files seem to work okay. I'm guessing this is just a bug in the Libreelec repo that'll get sorted out, so I haven't worried about reporting it, but thought I'd at least mention that here too since I'm typing all sorts of stuff.

---

One last thing, since it probably sounds like I'm complaining a lot above: This build is awesome, and I've had so much fun messing around with it. Great stuff!