Posts by sidneysides

Unfortunately it didn't work with any of the latest versions of librrelec or openelec. It was just random that I was connecting to a Canadian server, it happens on all servers. The only way I've managed to get it to work was to install an old version of openelec with Jarvis (16.1). It will now connect perfectly to Windscribe. I can cope with this aS a temporary solution for now, I have Krypton on another card for general stuff. I wanted the VPN really for when I go abroad. I did see a post from someone that said the 2038 bug isn't a problem in the alpha version of Kodi 18 so let's hope that it's ok by the time the release is here. I don't really want to change vpn noW having paid for a year.

Hope this helps anyone having 2038 bug problems with their vpn.

Hi - I am having real trouble getting my VPN (Windscribe) to work.

I'm using LibreElec on a Raspberry Pi 3

I've installed the addon and have tried 2 different methods - first using the provider settings from the addon and also using the user defined wizard with the ovpn key and cry files. I get the same problem with both - it says 'Error connecting to VPN, could not establish network connection. Check your username, password and network connectivity and retry.'

My username and password are correct - I'm using exactly the same on OpenVPN on my NAS.

I'm not sure how to access a copy of the log file, but quickly scanning it for errors it says VERIFY ERROR: depth=1, error=formar error in certificate'snotAfter field: C=CA, ST=ON, L=Toronto, O=Windscribe Limited etc etc

A bit further down it says SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed

I'm assuming the problem could be related to this maybe?

If someone could tell me how to access the log file through SSH I could post it here

Do I need to enable anything else in LibreElec or just literally install the addon?

It;s driving me mad!