This can be done without kernel modifications. See:
Raspberry Pi • View topic - Controlling LAN LEDs individually
As compiling on LE is tricky, here is a build I did on raspbian that works fine on LE.
You can now turn off LEDS with
and turn them on with
Thanks, this works great for me. I may re-host the binary on my own drive or network just to ensure it's always available, but using the link you provided works in autostart to make the box lightless as:
- # Turn off system LEDs
- echo none > /sys/class/leds/led0/trigger
- echo 0 > /sys/class/leds/led0/brightness
- echo none > /sys/class/leds/led1/trigger
- echo 0 > /sys/class/leds/led1/brightness
- # Download llctl and disable RJ45 LEDs
- mkdir -p ~/bin
- if [ ! -f ~/bin/llctl ]; then
- wget -O ~/bin/llctl "https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0B-6zmEDJwxZEbmJkU3g2MlhMQWs&export=download"
- chmod +x ~/bin/llctl
- ~/bin/llctl f0 l0 d0
Thanks again, and ignore my PR since this already able to be done from userspace.