Posts by Cowboy1968

Hi Bromerzz,

Sorry I am a bit confused, you mentioned Superfavs is no longer supported by the developer(not sure if I can name him here), but I was just on another fourm (not sure if I can mention it) and he is on there assisting with issues and updating the addon, his last post was May 14 of this year and no mention of leaving/retiring etc. Could you advise me of your source please?

Ahhh thank you so much I was not aware of this.

I just did a full reinstall of Librelec and notice the following. When installing repos there is a list of options where you select update install etc. One of these options is preview (not sure what it is for) but in a few of the repos this is active and I accidentally selected it instead of install and wham the issues I had returned instantly. I did a full fresh install of Librelec and it worked fine for a week, but now the issues have returned. It seems to correct itself when I go to power and power off system and then restart rather then reboot or regular shut down with the remote (as I think that just puts the system/kodi into hibernate/sleep mode) I googled this and found that this has happened before and now where people are getting a black screen, freezing etc when kodi wakes resumes from sleep/hibernation. Some have mentioned that turning off power saving on their PC and/or changing out their video card fixed the issue, but being that librelec is the only "OS" on my nuc I am not sure howor if this is the issue.

Hello,

I have been running Librelec 8.01 perfectly for many months, but just this past Monday an odd issue has crept up. Just before this issue started I had install the noobs and nerds repo/ Community Portal addon (directly from the noobs and nerds website). I am running an Intel Nuc Celeron with 4 gigs memory and a 65 gig SSD and gigabit ethernet. only running Librelec

What is happening at first after the installation of the repo and addon and a reboot, I could no longer access my super favourite folders, the wait circle would just keep spinning and spinning ( I twaited for over 20 minutes). If I did a hard boot (holding down the power button until the Nuc powers off, counting to 10 and then pressing the button again to restart) everything works fine. If I try a regular shut down via remote ( the power light on the nuc turns off so I do not think its in standby/sleep but actually off) and turn it on again, or choose the reboot option from the power tab on librelec the issues come back. If I do a hard boot more then twice it seems, Librelec assumes there is an issue and defaults everything including the skin, so I have to set up my old skin all over again.

I tried to uninstall the repo/addon but where it would go through the steps as soon as it returned to the listing of repos and addons they would still be there. I tried to disable them, but nothing happened. I tried to reboot and then they were disabled and I could uninstall them.

Unfortunately removing the repo and addons did not fix this issues. and a new one started. On anything but a hard shutdown/boot, Librelec fails to start IPTVsimple Client.

One final thing I noticed, If I do a regular shutdown via remote and leave it off say over night or 8 hours while I am at work and start it up normally via remote it works fine. If I shut it off for only a few hours then turn it back on, the issues are there.

I have cleared cache and checked settings to ensure none of them have changed but it all still looks like it was before, so I am at a loss.

ANy guidance help would be appreciated as I am loathe to have to reinstall everything fresh.