Posts by Zilog Jones

I tried the official 8.0.2 build on my RPi2, seemed a lot better than before in that channels were actually watchable again, but still getting occasional green gunge (continuity errors in Tvheadend), and for whatever reason Channel 5 HD (UK Freesat) was a total garbled mess - so bad it would crash Tvheadend completely. Using "MMAL - advanced" deinterlacing.

Trying smp's latest build (without media_build) now - much more stable (Channel 5 HD will play OK) but still occasional continuity errors when playing live - 8 errors in about 15 minutes from testing just now (BBC 1 HD). I tend to watch recordings more than live, which seem to have less errors (lower load I guess) - though it can choke if for example I'm playing some other video while it's recording.

there is a official 4.2 packages from Tvheadend since ~2weeks now :)

They need to update their website then :) : AptRepository - Tvheadend

I'll try if I have the time.

Thanks for this thread - I've been having trouble with my RPi 2 and DVBSky S960 since upgrading to LibreELEC 8.0 (green unwatchable mess on most channels, countless continuity errors in tvheadend), but smp's build without media_build seems to be working well for me (media_build was better than 4.9 kernel, but some channels were still bad or only occasionally worked).

However, I'm not sure this problem is RPi-specific. I tried the same setup with my tuner on an x86 laptop (i5-3340M) running LibreELEC 8.0.1 (official build) and was having the exact same problem - it was essentially unusable with the constant continuity errors in TVH, as even the bouquet/mux scan was failing (UK Freesat channels). Let me know if you want me to try any further testing.