Posts by rito

Hello,
    I want to run Hyperion from my RPI2/LE system and I am somehow confused, what actually the best installation method is:

1) Use the LE Hyperion addon
    -->most probably recommended by the LE team, right?

2) Use the SSH installation procedure via hypercon
    --> This is actually recommended by the Hyperion team for LE (quote from webpage: "Please take notice: We don´t use the LibreELEC Hyperion addon, please disable/remove it."

Now, I am wondering, what is the best method with respect to updates both of Le and Hyperion.

Thanks for the help,
    Lars

Maybe it depends on your hardware. I am using the "original" Lightpack and it's working fine with the LE Hyperion addon. Had it running on a Pi2, a Pi3 and now on an Odroid C2. On the C2 the only one working for me was the LE addon, could have something to do with the 64bit stuff.

Anyway, your life is much easier with the addon. It worked out of the box here.

The SSH installation worked on the Raspberries, but I saw no advantage in using it.

A really good Colour calibration was impossible in all cases for me.

If you are using other lightstrips YMVV...

Hi!

My RPi3 with LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-6.90.003 crashes while playing an SD-avi-file. Actually it has crashed on HD-mkv-files as well. This never happened with OpenELEC (up to the equivalent of KODI 16.0 - I forgot the actual number of the build), but since I am using LibreELEC it happens quite frequently. I only have a debug log for the latest crash with the avi-file.

The debug log is here: M5nXqr

The Pi freezes completely. The only way to bring it back to life is to kill it first = unplug the power. The crash with the above avi-file happens every time I try to play it. The file itself seems to be ok, it plays on a number of other software players on windows.

I hope the debug file can help the developers to find the reason of the problem.

Thanks for your great work!

Thomas