Posts by donbrew

A. If you have a HP/Compaq computer you need to hold either esc or f12 during POST to get the boot menu, then you will see the thuimb drive.

B. Mine won't show on the HDMI screen after GRUB screen I MUST attach a VGA monitor for the install. This happens with Linux and Windows installs with my Radeon HD 4350. I am not sure if its an AMD thing or not, but everytime I have asked on forums nobody has heard anything of the sort.

I have to do the install with both monitors attached then make the HDMI primary, the last time I did that on Linux I had to leave the VGA attached but turned off. Right now I'm giving LibreELEC a shot, had to attach the VGA to see the setup. Thats as far as I've got so far.

Yes, I know this is an old thread, but GoOgle sent me here while searching for a similar problem. Maybe now someone can benefit.
    [hr]
    I got libreelec installed to a USB, boots on VGA. Black screen on the HDMI, how can I get dual screens with libreelec?

I am taking a wild guess that Linux is supporting the VGA natively but can't find a driver for the HDMI, even though they are on thye same card.

It is an old HD4350 card that does not support DX11. I was hoping to run Kodi 16-17 via LibreELEC on the PC. My RPi 1B is too slow for me and it keeps crashing/freezing up. Kodi 16/17 is much faster than 15.2, but they crash unless you have DX11 in Windows. Linux 14.xxx will not run either.

I have a bunch of old PCs, but they still work and I have no money for new equipment.

Changed CHANNELUP and CHANNELDOWN to PAGEUP and PAGEDOWN. Now they work. Guide & Menu still do nothing.

Is there somewhere that the new KEY_XXXX are listed? The official LIRC site is way outdated. V 0.9.4a is posted but the instructions date back to 2004. I don't mean -list-namespace, I mean the substitutions I.E.: KEY_ENTER for KEY_OK.

I tried irrecord, but after I record half my key presses it starts ignoring the leading K in KEY_xxxx.
    [hr]
    I guess what I'm actuall asking is for the default keymap, or one for my Hauppauge 45 button remote. I know the information is out there, but I can't find it.

Thanks! I found that. In fact your link sends me to my post in that thread.

If it was well known, you would think that GoOgle would have helped me find it. I did spend an hour searching the internet and a few sites before posting here. Then I stumbled upon that thread.
    [hr]
    Now, this morning the direction keys and the OK key are working, but the guide (context) and the channel up & down buttons don't.

irw reports no signal from them. What do I change them to?

The key here is HP PC. You have to do something different to get it to boot from USB. I had to do it a week or so ago.
    Plug the USB Pen into any USB port on your PC (even the front port works)Reboot
    Press <ESC> during bootup to gain the 'Boot Menu' (or F12 etc depending on your PC)
    The USB Pen is now listed (SanDisk in my case)Select it
    Hit Enter
    Linux boots fine

Either that or you forgot to make the key bootable, in Windows I would use Rufus to write the image to the key. Been a long time since I used DD.

My Rpi updated itself from 7.90.002 to 7.90.003 yesterday. Now my Hauppauge 45 button remote work EXCEPT for the OK button. It was working fine before.

I did add the overlay statement to config.txt and copied my working lircd.conf to /storage/.config in the previous 7.90.002 installation. Did a location get changed?

Is there a way to get a debug log from Linux? It is Linux, not LE. I was able to get OpenELEC to boot & run live a year or so ago.

The Video card has VGA, HDMI & DVI outputs. Can't use HDMI and DVI at the same time, either with VGA works.

As soon as Grub or whatever loader starts (right after the copyright message) the HDMI goes black. The install window is only on the VGA, if that monitor is not connected you would think the thing was broken.

FWIW, Windows 10 install did the same thing. I had to install with only the VGA, then add the TV as a dual monitor, make it the main screen then disconnect the VGA.

The last time I tried to put Ubuntu 13.04 on an old PC, I somehow figured out how to do dual monitors, but the VGA had to be attached. So, I had to have an extra monitor attached whether I wanted it or not.

Ok, I got the USB to install to another USB. But now I have the same problem I've always had with Linux; it won't show up on the HDMI TV, I have to attach a VGA monitor to see the screen, the HDMI TV shows a black screen. When I choose HDMI-0 it stays on the monitor at a totally wrong resolution.

Is there a solution?

OOPS, I got myself confused. WASAPI is on my Windows machine and the difference in volume is real there, Kodi 15.2.

In OSMC on my pi Kodi 16.1 Using Pi:HDMI everything is good.

In both OpenELEC and LibreELEC Pi:HDMI the sound works as described in my OP.

My Windows machine does not support DX11, so It can't run Kodi 16.1 (I tried).

So, my question is not really about DirectSound. It's about the general difference in the sound drivers.
    Basically I can't hear IPTV programs in either OpenELEC or LibreELEC on my Pi 1 B, but OSMC is OK.

What happened to DirectSound:HDMI in the R=Pi build?

Pi:HDMI is barely loud enough to hear turned all the way up and Volume Amplification turned all the way up. This is in IPTV apps, in live TV (NextPVR addon) it works fine.

I had a similar problem in Kodi Isengard using WASAPI switching to DirectSound:HDMI fixed it.

Pi 1 B
    LibreELEC 7.0.1 did the same in OpenELEC 6.95.1