Posts by donbrew

I have no idea why it says Sept 29! I just installed it a few minutes ago.

I tried first on a fresh 7.0.2 install then upgraded to milhouse 929. cron did not work on either.

As of this moment update.sh is irrelevant because helloworld.sh will not run unless I run "systemctl status cron" first; then it does run.

This is the contents of one of the update.sh that did run in Rasbian, but not in LibreELEC (adjusted for different file structure).

Bash
    #!/bin/bash
    cd /storage/wg++

mono WebGrab+Plus.exe  "$(pwd)"

If I am reading the output correctly, I need to know how to enable cron.

And it does run from the CLI.

Tried adding the root name, negative result.

I ran all the code that Irusak did; h'mmm there was out put to the file, but.. here is what I got with the systemctl status cron command:

Seems to say cron is disabled by vendor. I did tick enable in settings. This was done on a completely virgin install of milhouse 929

systemctl stop service.webgrabplus

That is what I typed, linux added the .service. Today it stops and disables like expected.

When it removed files in the disabling it added the .service (Removed /storage/.config/system.d/service.webgrabplus.service)

Waiting for cron

cron still won't work for me! I set one for "helloworld.sh" that runs manually. ?Just does nothing.

Your network keeps the time automatically, just like your telephone. If you also use NTP there is a possibility that the 2 will not agree, like network lag etc. Every LAN has a built in clock or packets would never sync. What I remember milhouse explainng is the time comes from the network.

Basically, if your device is connected to a network it already has a time server or the network could not function. Just like your landline telephone or cellphone. You do still need to tell Kodi your time zone, since the clocks are based on GMT, but the milliseconds are what count :P (literally) .

If you have 2 clocks it is likely that they do not show exactly the same time, for one reason or another.

Channel 12-13 are not used in the US. Maybe you just need to change your location in Kodi.

Settings > Interface settings > Regional in Kodi 17.
    System > Settings > Appearance > International in Kodi 16.1.

There is a technical difference between Gigabit cables and 10/100 cables. And the fact that 2 Gigabit adapters don't need a crossover to connect them. So cables are a possibility, the other obvious thing is drivers for the card, but I'm sure that you thought of that. I had to deal with that on Windows a few times and Linux drivers are a nightmare to me.

I don't know what your network card would have to do with watching a Bluray remux on the HTPC, unless the bluray remux is on another computer, but you did not say anything about a network or streaming.

FWIW, I found absolutely no difference on my Gigabit network when I pulled the Gigabit card out of my HTPC and used the onboard 10/100 adapter instead. Either streaming from the internet or from a shared source on my network. My HTPC is older than yours, a pentiumD Compaq with a ATI HD4350 video card.

Has anybody mentioned how dangerous publishing your email address is? Any body that sees it can now legally use it for any reason they want, spamming the world in your name, for instance.

It has been said that LE does not need NTP it gets the time from your LAN. I think that actually works, but I added the NTP to mine anyway. Maybe if all are getting the time from the LAN they would all be exactly the same, alternate is to enable "wait for network before starting Kodi" then the time will be set to network time when Kodi starts.

Settings>System Settings>Display then set the correct resolution and refresh rate for your TV.
    The refresh may be hard set by the resolution, on mine it is wrong, so I set resolution to 1280X720 instead of 1920X1080; my TV is odd: 1080P is 59.94 refresh not 60, but 720P is 60.