Posts by ilikenwf

Uploaded a corrected version of the image MXIII Plus (20170513).
    [hr]

I'll see what I can use from these data.

Thanks! Even when there is crossover on some you already have, I notice many differences in some, if you run a diff against them.

You may want to ignore the bcm4335 one in my case at least, it does not work. I just found what should be the OEM firmware image on a Russian forum, and will test the firmware in a moment...

The dtb/dts are now in the mega drive, too (m8m2_n200_1G).

edit: I think that m8m2_n200C_1G is the only one that works so far as far as android is concerned.

balbes150 I believe that myself and others who have the same device as I do may have been operating under a slightly false assumption, in that it seems that these OTT M8S clones (down to even the sticker) with both the AP and BCM wireless are actually 1G/8G when they are sold and advertised as 2G/8G, unless there's just not a working firmware out there for them.

Even back in the day early Openelec builds never worked with 2G ram enabled...

Anyway, here are the 1G/8G dts and dtb files for both the AP and BCM versions (m8m2_bcm4335_n200C_1G and m8m2_n200C_1G):
    MEGA

If I wanted to test using either of these dtb/dts files, would I need to actually build LibreElec? I have a server rack in the basement, but my Android/Openelec/Rockbox ARM build VM is probably out of date. And I haven't yet built any of the OpenElec based software before.

Anyone can try the new test version for Minix\bcm4335.
    Pay attention, I have not tested this way.

Yandex.Disk

These fail to boot with no useful output :(

I seem to recall that the old M8S s812 build of Openelec 6.x from this guy used to work:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Rom from then:
    OpenELEC-Amlogic.arm-S812-6.0-update.zip
    OpenELEC-AmlMedia.arm-M8S-6.0.0.4.zip

balbes150 I have an "Ott" M8S S812, which I think is an odd version, and so far none of the LibreElec or Armbian builds have worked. Because there aren't any Lollipop builds that I can find that will run on this device, I'm desperate to find an *Elec or Android build that can run a modern Kodi with hardware acceleration.

I just get the dreaded disk related errors on boot, currently...

The android firmware from the thread below works, but note that really the second one ( Stage2-NEW-M8S.BCM4335.Oct29.2015-SDflash.rar ) is the only real/proper one for the device. Is the DTB used in that second one different than any that you have currently? If not, any suggestions on why it won't work?

[WARNING][UNBRICK-How-To] OTT M8S Owners [WARNING] - FreakTab.com

Thank you for all your hard work!