Posts by dataghost

You need to use remote.conf from original Android firmware. Please read the first post, there is information how to do this. If you don't have a ZIP file with Android firware for your box and you run LE from SD card, you can use instructions from this post: LibreELEC

Hi Kszaq,

I tried what you had and it made no difference. I have tried my stock remote.conf on several different builds lf LE and another for OE, been looking for the LCD information with no luck, i have talked to the manufacture and they are sayings its a standard 7 segment digital screen. Last two things to try and figure out, seem easy but have not been lol

Hello Kszaq,

I followed you guide from here, you were helping me over at the s805 forum, I have tried a few times, the remote.conf from my stock firmware has been copied in the correct directory, it will not work for me, only the power button, I have tried to change work mode also with no luck, here is the stock remote.conf below, could you please tell me if I am not doing something correctly. I copied to SDHC and cp from there.

Thank you

#*********************************************************************************************************
    #this file is configuration for each factory remote device
    # work_mode 0 :software mode 1 :hardware mode
    # repeat_enable 0 :disable repeat 1 :enable repeat
    #
    # factory_code each device has it's unique factory code.
    # pattern:custom_code(16bit)+index_code(16bit)
    # examble: 0xff000001 = 0xff00(custom cod) 0001 (index)
    #
    # release_delay unit:ms.release will report from kernel to user layer after this period of time
    # from press or repeat triggered.
    #
    # debug_enable 0 :debug disable 1 :debug disable
    #
    # SW MODE:
    # bit_count how many bits in each frame
    # tw_leader_act time window for leader active
    # tw_bit0 time window for bit0 time.
    # tw_bit1 time window for bit1 time
    # tw_repeat_leader time window for repeat leader
    # REG
    # reg_base_gen set value for PREG_IR_DEC_BASE_GEN
    # reg_control set value for PREG_IR_DEC_CONTROL
    # reg_leader_act set value for PREG_IR_DEC_LEADER_ACTIVE
    # reg_leader_idle set value for PREG_IR_DEC_LEADER_IDLE
    # reg_repeat_leader set value for PREG_IR_DEC_REPEAT_IDLE
    # reg_bit0_time set value for PREG_IR_DEC_BIT0_TIME
    #*************************************************************************************************************
    #amlogic NEC remote
    factory_code = 0xff000001
    work_mode = 0
    repeat_enable = 1
    repeat_delay = 40
    repeat_peroid = 39
    release_delay = 121
    debug_enable = 0

fn_key_scancode = 0x13
    left_key_scancode = 0x0e
    right_key_scancode = 0x1a
    up_key_scancode = 0x03
    down_key_scancode = 0x02
    ok_key_scancode = 0x07
    pageup_key_scancode = 0x40
    pagedown_key_scancode = 0x44

You need to use remote.conf from original Android firmware. Please read the first post, there is information how to do this. If you don't have a ZIP file with Android firware for your box and you run LE from SD card, you can use instructions from this post: LibreELEC

Thank you again for the reply, i have the stock firmware so it will be easy to extract, thanks for the advice. When looking into the LCD display on the front, I was trying to check with lsusb to see if anything else was attached and nothing shows up, besides mouse keyboard hubs. Same result in Android terminal, do you know how I would go upon getting device information from this. If not thats ok. Like I had stated before its really odd. If i flash stock firmware I get the normal clock display etc, the moment I install LE, I just get boot and that will just stay, as soon as I enable LCD it disappears, if I disable it nothing comes back. With OE after it installs nothing shows up just the black digital display. Im beating my head against a wall lol. Thanks for the help its appreciated.

Sorry, I have no box with that kind of display and don't know how they work. The only suggestion I can give is that you search Kodi/OE/LE forums to see if this can be done easily. The fact that you were able to turn it off in Kodi settings hints at possibility of showing some information on that display.

Thanks for the reply. I will keep looking on this part, once I turn it off I can not get it to turn back on until I flash factory hardware. Last question would be the remote. Only the power button works on this. Is there a way for me to fix this and use the remote. Thank you again

Hello,

Thanks for the great setup, I have an s805 world tivi box, it has the digital display on the front, if i do a factory flash on the box than install LibreElec the digital display just says boot and keeps saying that. The moment I enable LCD in the settings it disappears. How can I get this sorted so I have the clock displaying on the front. Thank you