I made up a list of tasks to do in order to configure the newer version of Libreelec SMB to work the way I prefer. Which is to access the Windows share with file manager, etc.., and be able to map the Libreelec PC Storage as a network drive on the Windows PC. Would you please review and let me know if you think the process will work?
1. Setup new user account/password in Windows 7 and add new user access to the existing Windows share directories.
2. Update Libreelec version on Libreelec PC
3. Add PC SMB share path to Libreelec as smb://<IP of my Windows 7 share PC>
4. Add the Windows 7 share to Libreelec PC using the new user account name and password from the Windows 7 PC.
5. To allow mapping of Libreelec PC as a network drive on the Windows 7 PC:
SSH into Libreelec from Windows 7 PC with a Program such as Filezilla, and copy the 'samba.conf.sample' file from \storage\.config\
6. Edit this file with a basic text editor to include a section that adds the path to the Libreelec storage and/or other directories as needed
7. Save the edited file as 'samba.conf' and use SSH to copy the modified 'samba.conf' file to \storage \.config\ on the Libreelec PC
8. Reboot Libreelec PC.