Posts by gaelic

The problem still resides when using smb directly within kodi, only not this special directory is hanging but tvshow directories keep failing randomly with these lines:

Code
    13:29:14 1189.024414 T:1874850720   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting smb://10.0.0.1/Media/Series/The Mighty Boosh/
    13:30:44 1279.179443 T:1874850720   ERROR: SMBDirectory->GetDirectory: Unable to open directory : 'smb://USERNAME:[email protected]/Media/Series/The%20Mighty%20Boosh'
                                                unix_err:'16' error : 'Invalid argument'

Now I've completely switched to NFS and everything is perfect. For me SMB seems to be unstable and unreliable in general.

I'm using the mount via systemd since forever as it is working stable and convenient for ages now (openelec back in the days).
    No hardware changes have been made, but maybe the update to alpha 6 causes this problem.

Here's the recent log where can be seen that just this one series was stale for about one hour:

cMYL

Anyways, I will try out the mount via kodi this evening.

2 or 3 days ago I started experiencing problems with my Media mount from a Synlogy Box:

Here's the debug log WQTC

lsof gives me:

---
    760 /usr/lib/kodi/kodi.bin /storage/.kodi/userdata/Database/MyVideos107.db
    760 /usr/lib/kodi/kodi.bin /storage/.kodi/userdata/Database/MyVideos107.db
    760 /usr/lib/kodi/kodi.bin /storage/Media/Series/Battlestar Galactica (2003)
    ---

As can be seen the problems seems to be scanning the Folder 'Battlestar Galactica (2003) where it hangs either very long or forever, the Series is already in the Library. While scanning the mounted directory is completely stale and nothing can be accessed there (console hangs of I do a 'ls' for example).
    I also tried with a completely new installation on the SD card, unfortunately no success.

The Media Folder is mounted via the system.d script provided:

-----
    # This is a sample service script to mount CIFS/SAMBA shares.
    # Please read carefully the comments in this file. For production usage
    # you can remove all comments (lines beginning with "#") from this file.

[Unit]
    # The description should be used to explain what this servicefile is for
    Description=Media cifs mount script

# if we do network mounts like here we *require* 'network-online.service'
    # which checks if the network is online
    Requires=network-online.service

# our scripts must start *after* 'network-online.service', on timeout and if
    # 'network-online.service' fails we can not mount and this scripts fails too
    After=network-online.service

# usually we mount networks shares because we want they avaible *before* XBMC starts.
    # so XBMC has access to this mounts from beginning. Note: this slows down the boot!
    Before=kodi.service

[Mount]
    # The share we want mount
    What=//10.0.0.1/Media

# Where we want mount this share
    Where=/storage/Media

# Any options you usually use with the "-o" parameter in the mount command
    Options=username=XXXX,password=XXXX

# filesystem type
    Type=cifs

[Install]
    # The target is used by 'systemctl enable <name_of_this_file.mount>' to link
    # this service to a runlevel for starting on boot. usually 'multi-user.target'
    # is ok here.
    WantedBy=multi-user.target

# Important:
    # this file must be renamed to <mountpoint>.mount where <mountpoint>, is the FULL path
    # where the share will be mounted but slashes "/" MUST BE REPLACED with dashes "-" with .mount
    # as extension.
    # This means, if we want mount to "/storage/music2" (see above "Where=/storage/music2")
    # then this file must be renamed to 'storage-music2.mount' and can be enabled via ssh with the
    # command 'systemctl enable storage-music2.mount'

----