Posts by spekdrum

Hi kszaq and everyone. Thanks a lot man, I've bought you a beer, despite you deserve a bit more than that :P

I was very dissapointed with the stock Android 6 with Kodi, with no adjust frame rate and other problems (a fucking malware out of the box?? really??). About to return this tv box until I found this thread and your working rom.

Installed 8.0.1j-experimental today on a alfawise h96 pro+ (S912 3GB/32). First on a USB and then to the NAND. Everything OK folowing the tutorial linked first page.

So:
    H264 720/1080 with different framerates (23.x, 24, 25, 50, 60) with auto-adjust perfectly smooth OK.
    H265 samples from kodi page OK
    Wireless ok
    Lan ok
    CEC OK (LG tv) (wow)
    Wireless mini-keyb OK
    LAN NFS and SMB resources OK

The only issues I've seen so far:
    Some glitches on playback, they are like random noise (about 2-3 pixels wide) but not very often. But not on all videos.
    A strange flickering when scrolling in kodi's menus.

I read almost all the thread and I think these are known issues you are working on.

Thanks again. Tell me if I can help with any further info.
    [hr]
    Hi,

In addition to the issues i've posted before, I found a problem related with subtitles. I found that some videos playback was choppy, like if they where frame drops. Then I realize that those little drops happens everytime a chunk of subtitle is printed on screen. If you deactivate subtitles video playback becomes smooth. And if you dont remove subtitles, just rewind to the start again, playback is smooth. If you stop and play (subs on) playback it's choppy again. It's like some problem loading / printing subtitles blocks or something. I suspect of loading them because if it was a rendering problem going back to start wont fix the issue. I also tried to disable subtitles and re-enable without stoping video playback and seems to recover smooth playback as well.
    This happens with both external and internal (inside container) subs.

Hope it helps.