Posts by atomizasser

Hi.

I've open this new thread because i don't find any other related with this problem.

I've tested last nightly build of LibreElec with Kodi 18 in Minix U9 S912 and I found some problem with HDR, 4:4:4, 10bits samples. I've tested HDR 4K 4:4:4, 10bits, 59,96Hz and it didn't play it correctly. I've added resolution in whitelist option in Kodi, but i get dark screen. (i've commented this issue in kodi forum).

However, in wrxtasy build 8.2.4.2 switching is automatic from 1080p, 4:2:0, 8bits GUI --> 4K, 4:4:4, 10bits HDR.

I’m not an expert in this field but if your required some logs or test, tell me.

Thanks.

After reading many posts in this forum, in the kodi forum, in the minix forum ... finally I paid attention to @ wrxtasy recomendation and I bought a refurbished Minix U9-H from Amazon.

As I received it I installed its version of libreelec in the internal memory, completely deleting android Devil

The first tests were very positive being able to play 4K HDR remux files from wifi through an FTP sharing. Cool

As I did the tests on a 1080p TV, I detected that the 4K videos played in 1080p there is no autoswitch of the refresh rate of the television. Do you think it is possible to adjust it? (video library is shared with my 4K and 1080 TV)

On the other hand, the bluray ISO files, in spite of choosing directly the main title, are not reproduced. Is there some workaround for its correct reproduction?

And finally a doubt. I use HDMI-CEC for navigation in Kodi. I have seen that if I turn off the TV, the minix is turned off but if I turn it on later, minix will not turn on and if turn on manually, there is a black screen. Is there any way to do it without using the minix command? or what is the correct way?

Thank you.

Hi all.

I would like to buy a decent mediaplayer to watch HDR4k movies with Atmos/DTS:X. I've read some post here and offical kodi forum, but i don't have a clear vision of what devices are capable.

Anyone can said me if this MeCOOL M8SPro L is capable of:

- Libreelec with wifi 5Ghz

- 4K HDR

- Auto resolution

- Auto Dynamic Range

- Auto Color space

- HDMI CEC

- Atmos/DTS:X passtrough.

- On/off with remote¿?¿

Thanks.

It's not made like the balbes150 images - it's less convenient. Only the toothpick installation works and all your settings are gone after installing. It's a fresh new box with a beta of Krypton. So that's very inconvenient.

Auto refresh works, HD passthrough doesn't, x265 support does work but I think it is software decoding.

If you don't care about Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, try the release for the M8S Plus that supports h265 hardware decoding and 4K video, see my previous post.

Thanks.

Yesterday I installed the suggested ROM. I'm doing some testing, but the general performance is very great. It is true that Kodi version is old, Kodi 17 beta 6.

Maybe is a stupid suggestion but, it is possible to substitute the kernel file form Begicj-M8S_S812_4335 to @surkovalex ROM to gain Wifi support?

Thanks

It is possible to test it on SD without a installation? If it so, is made like @balbes150 images?

Can you confirm if any of this features are supported by this rom?

- Auto refresh rate hz for local and streaming video

- Audio HD passthrough

- Acestream streaming

- Support for x256 (any resolution)

Thanks.

I'd be more than happy to test it on my X8-H Plus, but I don't know how to update to .gz files. Can you provide a .tar? I just copy the .tar in the Update folder and reboot. I'm not using dual boot but just internal flash memory since day one using OpenElec more than two years ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'be tested the new image. Same like before, connect to wifi but it is not stable. I cannot download any addon. Sorry, no luck with Kodi 17,1 for minix.X8-H Plus.

Thanks!

I've tried in my Minix X8H-Plus but it doesn't boot. I actually have installed android 5.1.1 from MXIII-Plus Rom. I've followed your instructions, but it stucks in minix logo.
    I can boot other Libreelec image from this forum, (like de Demetris' rom designed for MXIII Rom).

Am I doing something wrong?