Posts by snoopyjoe

I have a couple bugs with 801k & 801l.

First is the libreElec config addon under "System", there is no information to select (completely blank). Normally you would be able to do backups and such. This started with "k" and continued to "l".

Second is only on "l". Certain .flv files either have no sound or doubled sound. I've played with all the sound settings and have been unable to resolve the issue. Disabling all passthrough, DTS etc have no affect. Tried on two different tvs and both boxes. Going back to "k" fixes the issue. I'll look at the files meta data over the weekend but they're typical youtube files using AAC and .h264

Currently running Tronsmart S95 Meta/Telos S905 with gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb

re LIbreelec on s905x/X96 box has anyone found the best release for picture quality and searching forwards/backwards that doesn't lockup?
    later releases seem to be worse rather than better at this.

thankl
    Minsik.

I have the s905 on the Vega S95 and I had the same issue with backwards skip causing video to freeze. Under Settings-Player-Videos-Processing I have the following configured and seems to have improved. I think its something with the h264 acceleration.

Enable HQ scalers for scaling above: 50%
    Allow hardware acceleration - amcodec: On
    Accelerate MPEG2: Always
    Accelerate MPEG4: Always
    Accelerate h264: Never

I'm still playing around the settings to get the maximum performance but only have been using 8.0.1j for two days now.

I must say that this is the best OS/Kodi build I've ever used. I'm new to LibreElec and put 8.0.1j on my Tronsmart S95 Meta. I put it on the Meta b/c Tronsmart screwed me on storage. Somehow 8GB really means 4.8GB. I guess the box's bootloader is 3GB!!!?? Anyway everything is smooth and responsive on 8.0.1j. The only thing I've noticed that someone earlier mentioned is the backwards skip is unreliable. It only works on certain videos but I haven't isolated the files types and codecs that fail. For me it's about 50% which may be my mpeg h264 files. Most of my files are flv or avi. Starting the file from the beginning is the only fix. Other than that keep up the good work! At the moment I'm testing this on a second box as my main box (S95 Telos) is the only way to watch Netflix now. So will definitely be on the look out for bugs and such. Thanks.