Posts by cdvreede

bit more info - turns out the PI boots fine but when it tries to mount the EXT4 partition it fails stating it cannot mount. Not always however - sometimes it fully boots up, fires up kodi and launches LE.

is there anywhere I can look into the logfiles where it might give a reason for that failure to mount??

thnx

Running LE on a PI3, booting from a 1TB SSD directly. As we know there really isn't a graceful shutdown so there is always the risk of corruption...

yes - you guessed it - my PI no longer boots as it cannot mount the disk. From the disk activity light on the USB enclosure I can see lots of activity on the disk but then it stops and boot fails. Of course I can start afresh but since I have TVheadend fully configured and lots of data on there - and SAMBA and the likes - I wonder if there is a way to get things going again without wiping everything??

I did try a check of both the FAT16 and EXT4 partitions using Gparted on a ubuntu machine. EXT4 was clean - FAT16 OK as well. Both partitions can be mounted and read on that ubuntu machine - windows can as well.

any ideas??

installed latest version - USB install on a Minix 9-H running with AVR and 1080 Bravia panel - and must say I'm impressed. All of a sudden refresh rate switching works as advertised and audio passthrough has no problems whatsoever. Kudo's - this might be the best PQ from all my boxes (2017 Bravia with 17.6, Minix "androidTV" with Leia, Mibox nougat beta with 17.6, x86 windows with 17.6)

One thing however - the box does pick up time somewhere - I did put a couple of NTP servers in the settings - but it does not want to accept that I'm NOT in the UK and therefore do not want GMT. Not seen any timezone settings. Yes, localisation allows to select Australia but that in itself cannot accurately identify the correct timezone...

I'm sure it's a setting somewhere - in Libreelec - but where???

thnx