Posts by Forage

That's still of no use to him. He simply hasn't got a chip which LE supports. His box is not a true S905 MXQ.

Procedures are described in detail by kszaq on the first page. You cant go wrong.

Let me help you out; just find the proper .dtb file from the location mentioned on the first page. Grab the proper one for your box (make sure memory and ethernet values match) and replace the file on your SDCard after burning the image. Boot. Done.

PS: Note that if you have a s905X box,or are using a existing device tree that works , replacing the device tree might not be needed. Just leave it.

Since it's about updating an existing running system it's a lot easier to just put the dtb file in the update folder, next to the update image/tar and reboot. No need to do anything manually with the SD card. ;)

Testing johngalt's nougat kernel version with fractional frame rate fix.

LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.0-8.0.2-devel-201707041911-g834a470-I.img.gz

THX to vevs.

Thanks again!

For what it's worth: I've been using the last three nougat test builds without issues, in a simple setup for the moment (CEC, h264 1080p input, 1080p output, HDMI non-passthrough audio). All is playing fine.

I do have the impression that the last build does cause a bit more image distortion when quickly navigating though the collection, but this is all but objective and not a show-stopper.

Also, putting the first test build in the update folder and rebooting resulted in a failed update leaving me with nothing more than a black screen with TV input channel label (i.e. no signal at all). I had to manually restore the kernel and system files to get things up and running again.

This latest build did not show the same issue, but it does take an awfully long time with a black screen before the update is finished. Is displaying some sort of update progress not possible? I expect users aborting the process too soon without it, leaving them with broken systems (and more help requests here as a result of that).

After two weeks of running LibreELEC on my MECOOL KIII I must say I'm quite satisfied with the results already. Yes, there is the random crash every 3 days or so, the slight screen distortion when navigating too quickly and CEC navigation feeling a bit less fluid, but that was to be expected and, while not being perfect, the device is perfectly usable. Many thanks for all your effort guys! Great work.

There is, however, one thing that does concern me a bit: the temperature. While CPU usage goes all the way down after seeing a movie (no more than h264 1080p), I rarely see the temperature drop below 78 degrees Celsius. This makes the box, and especially the metal tuner connectors at the back quite uncomfortably hot.

What is your experience with the temperature? Is this acceptable? Can I get it down some what somehow?

Ok I have a logfile of a 2 minute 1080p video I streamed.

To my eye I noticed several frame skips and jumps in the 2 mins.

Ubuntu Pastebin

Hope someone can decipher all this info please! :)

Online streaming and through WiFi on top of that...

There are so many places where this can be causing problems here.

The only way to determine the cause is by starting with the basics and rule out factors step by step:

1. LOCAL file (USB drive).
    2. Streaming from LOCAL network device by wired connection
    3. Streaming from LOCAL network device by WiFi
    4. Streaming from REMOTE (internet) service by wired connection
    5. Streaming from REMOTE (internet) service by WiFi

In case of the last two items you'll need to start with testing from a 'reliable' streaming service (YouTube?) before switching to a 'different kind' of source. If the problem starts with the latter then we'll probably won't help you any further.

Either you work the list up until the issue begins or down until the issue disappears and tell us your findings.

Now you wait until the process is finished. I don't see what the problem is besides that you didn't wait long enough yet.

Please use the dedicated KIII thread for follow-up problems/questions: [8.0.1k] LibreELEC 8.0 builds for KIII Pro (S912)

Make sure you use the device tree from the third post of that thread.