Posts by JMThomas

Nothing to forgive - we were all noobies once!

Unfirtunatley, my addon is built for a kodi system running as the backend for tvheadend. {snip}

"I see" said the blind man as the teeter-totter tilted...

For some mistaken reason I always thought of Kodi as a front end, and never considered it for a back end. Perhaps it's because of all the add-ons people keep saying that are needed for Kodi to do this or that.

Anyway, thanks for straightening out how the animals are caged in the zoo.

Forgive me this noobie question, but when you say "install", what exactly should I do?

I have TVheadend installed on a Xubuntu 16.04 system (Intel x86 in 64bit mode), where I want it to function as a back end. My front end will (probably) be a Rpi3 running OPENelec.

Google hasn't been much help for TVH add-ons. All the hits seem to involve Kodi (Settings->Configuration->...), not TVH. And since TVH is not running on the Rpi, how could the scripts possibly get installed on OPENelec/Kodi reach the TVH machine where they need to run?

I've downloaded and unpacked the script.module.sd4tvh file, where there are a few directories like /bin and several .py files. The addon.xml file suggests that there might be a TVH scenario to import script.module.sd4tvh, but I can't find such in the web interface (localhost:9981 on my Xubuntu box).

Thanks!