Posts by mvestola

This is awesome! Big thanks to everyone involved. I was finally able to update my Raspberry Pi 3 LibreElec from 7.9. I am using several USB DVB-C tuners (model: Astrometa Panasonic MN88473 dvb-c). Those official 8.x LibreElec releases all caused same kind of stream issues as described in this thread.

But now I upgraded to image provided by milhouse (this one: LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-9.0-Milhouse-20180102133316-#0101z-g866291e.tar ). Tested now half a day and looking really good: no errors yet. Hope this will be fixed in upstream also some day.

I have Raspberry Pi 3 with LibreELEC 7 installed. Wanted to upgrade Tvheadend 4.0 to 4.2 and keeping all my channel settings, autorec and recordings etc. This is how I did it:

1. Disable tvheadend 4.0 from add-ons

2. Install tvheadend 4.2 add-on

3. Disable tvheadend 4.2 add-on

4. Make SSH to libreelec and do these:

Code
    rm -rf /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.tvheadend42
    cp -a /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.multimedia.tvheadend /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.tvheadend42
    rm /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.tvheadend42/dvr/config/dvr-config

5. Create file: /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.tvheadend42/dvr/config/8d0f5b7ae354d956d7fe5db25f5d0d24 with following contents (had to do this because tvheadend 4.2 did not recognize by existing PVR config and it falls back then do default config which has retention-days not set as "forever" which caused removal of my existing recordings):

6. Enable tvheadend 4.2 add-on

7. See file /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.tvheadend42/service.log and you should see that Tvheadend should have successfully migrated the old configs to new ones.