Posts by bhennink

bhennink If you are happy, can you change the title to "[Solved] pinsentry"
    TNX

Hi Iridium,
    Just realized that the two repositries with the add-on' s I found for for pinsentry are blacklisted. :s
    So as I understand is that if I have those add-ons installed There is no support?
    This reopens my topic. Or is the an add-on that is not blacklisted?
    I searched a lot more but could not find a repository with Pinsentry that was not on the forbidden list:S

So how to solve parental control in a decent way? Masterlock was not a reliable solution here.

I experience something odd with the windows10 shares and Libreelec.
    Both my PC's have the same configuration Win10PRO installed and network sharing is with password. This must be because my brothers can use my network when they visit my mother. I do not want the so access my shares.
    Network sharing ex set up the same way.

PC1 and PC2- I only can see the shares when I set them for everyone - read
    When I have username/ password access, then I Libreelec keeps asking for username and password. The remember for this path switch does not work either. It just keeps asking for credentials.

PC3- works with "browse for new share" - "Add new network location"- then I enter server name , username and password and most times I can access the share. But sometimes, after power up, I get an error message "Connection refused" ANd when I press OK I get the popup:
    Remote share with infoe: Could not connect to network server.

I searched the Network.log files for possible errors on network connections but did not find anything there that could clarify this.

So it works most times without problems on PC3 but PC1 and PC3 with the same sharing setting keep permanently causing problem while connecting.

So I am curious how I could get this working on all three PC's

Hi I tried to connect via SSH to my AMlogic libreelec box
    The default user:root, PW:openelec
    is not accepted:S I get acces denied in the putty window. Is the default password changed?
    Or is there another login that I should use?
    SSH is enabled in the box. And I did not disable the password:S

Thanks

I am loving Libreelec more and more:)
    I have a Mini M8s box and it worke nice, but for the WAF i would like to use my Harmony remote to control it.
    I myself used Kodi a lot with a remote Keyboard.
    However the wife does not appriciate that so she always switches to Mediaportal which she can control with the harmony using MCE like functionality
    The original remote does only have some basic buttons and she is not very fond of it.

I searched and found a threat on this forum:
    https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-2754.html
    This explains it should be possible.

But I get lost in where to put what on the box.

See Media sources - Official Kodi Wiki - it might do what you want.

Hi Iridium,
    Thanks!

I tried that one. I got a folder locked but when I went back to the "files" The level where all shares are shown I can navigate back into that folder without pin. :s I have used pinsentry in te past and that was clear in its behaviour. Brouwse outside the root protected folder and then the PIN was required again.
    Maybe I did something wrong?
    [hr]

Not too sure what has happened but it was official:
    Add-on:PinSentry - Official Kodi Wiki

Actually the addon was suggested to me in the past at the KODI forum. And because it did exactly what iI need it was great. Enough options that I can configure. Like teh amount of time the password remains valid.
    I could not find it anymore so that raised my question.
    Anyway I have it installed now and it works with elec8.0.1:)
    My link in another reply was removed in my response so that was of no use for others.

Have you tried Googling "pinsentry Kodi" ?? It's not in our or Kodi's default repo but it's not that hard to find.

Hi Cewitt,
    Yes I did and I skipped the youtube links because many times they offfer me real help but the other links I tried did not give me much.
    After your response I tried again and decided once more to try a youtube
    and found this one to a *** which did the job ;)

A pitty it is not in the normal repo.

Hi all,
    Just started using librelec. Great work done here:)

On my PC based kodi I had some add-on or plugin installed which I used to block some content on the shared drives for the kids.

It was called PINSENTRY under programs . I tried to find this with the defailt skin but there I cannot find the menu for programs.
    In confluence I can find that tab programs but cannot find pinsentry here. :huh:

I hope this nice feature si also available for librelec?

Thanks Bert