Posts by leripe

I'm having sound issues as well with my cubox i4pro and latest LE alpha.
    I have sony tv and philips 2.1 soundbar (connected via hdmi-arc).
    Sound settings do not seem to have any effect, sound channels, passthrough, upmix etc.
    Sound/volume is way lower than on last OE alpha, or at least bass volume. Had to use the volume amplification to get the same volume out as OE alpha.
    And the main issue is that some higher sounds sound very annoying like the cubox cannot keep up or cannot play the sounds correctly.
    Descriping the sound is like some alley cat meowing when it is dying.
    This seems only to be issue when playing videos with 5.1 audio.
    It doesn't matter if it's with TV's speakers or the soundbar.

Is someone else having such issue?

Will provide logs later today and I'll also try changing the cubox to my RPI2 with latest LE alpha.

Have people tried the new alpha imx6 builds?
    Does it fix the resolution and CEC issues?

I ordered new 8gb sdcard for testing (dont have it yet) before I change from the latest OE beta on my cubox-i4pro.

Edit:
    Tested on the new sdcard with fresh install of the latest alpha and seems that the resolution and cec issues are fixed.
    Although the resolution was first 720p/50hz and it started probing for other resolutions on start up -> tried to switch to something but it was black screen with the question window "Save this?".
    Pressed cancel and changed the resolution 1080p/60hz from the settings.
    Now importing video library.
    Thanks for the devs!!!!

So adding ssh did the trick? This "feels" strange to me...
    Or was it already succesful after that clean install?

Well seemed so but it can also just be a reboot and luck, dunno.

Also the resolution in the settings was still 720p and 50hz.
    Changed it to 1080p and 60hz, and still working.
    Also watching stuff worked, but still haven't rebooted again.

Edit: rebooted and still working, but i only needed to reboot because cec wasn't working today when i turned the TV on. Cec works after reboot.

Edit2: Anyhow, seems that i should ditch my cubox and just get rpi3 to replace it for active development or if this libre version continues to work, ill stay on it but otherwise gotta go back to oe 6..
    LibreELEC.tv/projects/imx6 at master · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub
    GitHub - secuflag/LibreELEC.tv
    last changes 2 months ago. :( but the stuff is free soz

Edit3: the cec issue is persistent. Everytime i close tv it stops working and i have pull the cubox power out keep tv on while booting it in order to have cec working. So i just downgraded to the latest oe beta with the tar file and all is ok now, but no le. :(

I had the same issue when i tried to upgrade from OE -> LE with the tar file.
    Formatted sd, and installed 7.0.2 clean.

Got the logo, it started to the partition modify thing and then rebooted after that i do not get picture.
    Just black screen but I can hear the UI sounds.
    My TV reports the signal as 720p. Sony bravia led 48".

EDIT:

Modified the uev txt file on windows so that it has ssh in it.
    After that booted up cubox and got picture and seeing ui.
    Will continue testing and I am now afraid to boot my cubox. :D