Posts by JohnWB

That's what I thought, but I checked and found that music videos using AC3 codecs will play but not others that use MP3, MPEG or AAC even with the red speaker icon indicating the mute option, any ideas why.

(I tried F8 and volume change but they did nothing)

I have a Wetek Play2 dual booting the latest LibreELEC which plays movies and TV series from my Synology NAS with no problems.

For some reason there is now a red speaker icon in the top right hand side of the screen with a cross beside it is (not visible when playing movies or TV series) and when I go to play music etc there is no sound

I have searched all the settings but cannot find a way to make the speaker cross go away.

Does anyone know what is causing this please.

You can, if you self-build from sources, and right now it would probably cause you a load of problems due to recent upstream content merges that are still being fixed upstream (and on our side). Also consider that 64-bit Amlogic devices will hopefully jump from Linux 3.14 > 4.13 kernel and will end up with a completely new graphics architecture in Leia if things go to plan. I run a WP2 as the family daily driver and I won't be entertaining the idea of Leia code on it for 2-3 months yet. Leia is roughly targeting a year-end release.

Thanks chewitt, i'll just wait then :)

I sorted this out using the steps below from codesnake in the Wetek LibreELEC forum.

"To start configuring TVH from scratch uninstall the addon, then from your PC open LibreELEC's userdata network share and delete the userdata/addon_data/service.tvheadend42/. After that install TVH addon again".

I have used it a few times but I still can't get Tvheadend 4.2 to work. I can get it setup using my browser on my PC and can play the TV programs on my PC but i can't get the add-on to work.

I can put the web address into the add-on in but when I try to start it from the home page it says i need an add-on installing. very strange.

when I play movies or TV programs from my NAS box, through my Wetek Play 2 (using the latest LibreELEC), to my Marantz Receiver, I set the volume level to about the same as my Virginmedia cable box or my Apple TV etc (about 40 on my Receiver), but when I play music the volume level is very low and can hardly be heard (I have to set the volume level to about 70 to get the same level as the TV or Movies)

If I play music from my NAS box, through my Medi8er, the volume level is the same as for movies TV or music.

Does anyone know why the music level should be so low from the Wetek Play

I have Wetek Play 2 running LibreELEC 8.01 and I am using a Logitech One remote, with a Flirc usb set to XBMC, which works very well except the command for next language which I added from the Logitech list of commands

Does anyone know Is there such a command in LibreELEC 8.01, what the code is for this and how I can program it in please

In Kodi Jarvis favourites is a buried item with a star shortcut on the Kodi home screen. In Krypton favourites has been promoted to a top-level item on the home screen (if you have it exposed in skin settings) so there is no need for the star shortcut. In other skins the decision to show anything is up to the skin author.

Thanks Chewitt :)