Posts by engel75

OP - I just used irrecord to make a Sony TV remote (RM-YD017) work with an ODROID C2 running LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-8.0.1.img.gz. At first I was constantly getting the same error messages. Then I read the irrecord error output shown at the end and saw it recommends using the -f (force) flag if things are going completely sideways.

Re-recorded using this command:

Code
    irrecord -f --device /dev/lirc0

What I think the -f flag does is force irrecord to learn your remote controllers IR pattern/behavior. After pressing the random buttons as explained on the command line when using -f flag. LE was able to learn the remote commands without any issues.

If the -f flag does not work with your version of LE. Give it a shot on the newest version of LE.

I tried -f without any success. Even in RAW mode irrecord gets confused and I am not able to create a working configuration. I reinstalled 7.1.3 and had the same problem. Installing 7.0.2 I was able to create a configuration without any problem. After I copied this configuration to 8.0.1 I had the same problem as described here - the OK button is repeated with every other button pressed later on.

OK was only pressed once at the beginning but repeated with every button I pressed later on. Even pressing a unmapped button on my remote triggers an OK event.

Hi there,

I am using Libreelec 8.0.1 with Ordoid C2 and irrecord seems to be broken. I tried four different remotes without any luck. Two remotes failed assigning some keys and with almost all of them irrecord did not quit and write any configfile after hitting ENTER.

I will try to create my lircd.conf with an older 7.x release and a different irrecord version.

All the best,
    engel