Posts by UPRHome

I'd start with investigating the deprecated option warning which is related to ciphers; if those aren't aligned it will probably explain the authentication failure.

I don't understand what a misalignment of ciphers means or how it yields a depreciated option warning and how, in turn, it would have an impact on the authentication. Or what ciphers are actually

I do have a message out to the dev of the VPN Manager as well, but I found it odd that (according to their github) they have not had a new/updated release in the last 7 months. This just started a few weeks (maybe two months?) ago

Thanks for your input, and yeah, I'm at the same thought that there will be no further development on LE9 and the only hope going forward will be for LE10

Can you please test with the latest LE10 beta version? LE 9.2 contains a rather old kernel and firmware.

so long,

Hias

Yes, I'm in the process of setting that up now. Unfortunately, it's a slower process getting it to approximate what I have setup using 9.2.7 due to the lack workable addons. Perhaps I can use the PVR Simple Client for the IPTV version, rather than a dedicated addon. Will report back once I have some results.

I have a build setup using LE 9.2.7 (also tried 9.2.6) on a RPi 4B 2Gb device. For live TV use, and largely it's been using IPTV addons (but also happens when using PVR Simple Client), the device locks up/freezes and goes black screen when trying access a channel. This typically happens when the channel is loading/buffering. It is ONLY with the newest RPi 4B boards that have a hardware revision noted at b03114 (vers 1.4) - I've tried 9 different boards and its the exact same result each time.

I have a couple of older boards with b03111 (v1.1) and another couple of boards with b03112 (v 1.2) and they work fine.

Cross checking with the same set of three different SD cards, so I don't feel that is the culprit because the results checking back and forth between boards and SD cards is consistent.

Has anyone else experienced/experiencing a similar issue, or have any idea what I could try?

Get a proper cooling for Pi4. Like a Flirc case or something like that.

Appreciated; however, it doesn't answer the question. The RPi4B runs perfectly well within the normal running temps for literally everything else. I pose the question though, not because I am unaware of how to improve the cooling of a SBC but because I wish to better understand the differences of the two OS versions with relation to the RPi boards. Thanks

Running a couple of different versions of LibreELEC (as noted in subject, a couple of instances of LE on a couple of RPI3B+s and a couple of instances on RPi4Bs) I'm using Aeon Nox: Silvo skin on both and have loaded the Netflix Kodi addon (castagnalT/plugon.video.netflix) on both types of set-ups.

The Netflix addon works on both, but I'm finding that the RPi4B gets too hot running this (yes, I'm using heatsinks) whereas the RPi3B+ with the inferior RAM (1 GB vs the RPi4's 2 GB RAM) and processor stays a relatively cool 59 deg C - The RPi4B gets up to 78+ deg C (This has been tried on a couple of different boxes of both types with consistent results)

Why would this be? Is it a matter of something to do with the processing happening on the software side for RPi3B+ and on the hardware side for RPi4B ? Is there a way around this? Are we expecting an update that would alleviate this?

Okay, I found that I had the same circumstance occurring when running LE. But here's the odd thing. I wasn't running any codecs! I have them installed on another RPi3 which is running OE versions (Isengard & Krypton). The only thing I can surmise is that somehow the latest release of LE is transcoding the Mpeg2 stream and thereby forcing the CPU to work like crazy and overheat(??) I tried different SD cards on the same RPi3 box and everytime I ran the HDHomeRun addon for our live TV feed, they all did the same thing (buffer and stop). But everytime I ran the SD card that has the LE 8.01 it would play the live TV feeds fine, albeit with an overheating warning/icon in the top right corner. Weird!

Just curious if this means that someone has placed code in the LE OS that allows the Mpeg2 licenses to be bypassed by transcoding(???!)