Posts by HaLeXz

Well if you have an italian keyboard layout & a multimedia keyboard you can't expect it to work out of the box. You have to change your keyboard layout in LibreELEC settings to get your keys interpreted as italian layout and you have to probably have to change the language in Retroarch to italian too.

Also I'm not entirely sure what you're going to remap and what purpose this serves. In the end it makes not much sense to use any emulator without a proper gamepad /shrug:/

Anyway there is a complete documentation available for such topics Input and Controls - Libretro Docs

Well, it seems your use of retroarch is somewhat limited if you're not considering all the retroarch hotkeys you can use during gameplay (volume up/down, for example, or save/restore state, or change save slot). Gamepads are for playing, keyboard is for managing retroarch /shrug

As already said, in kodi and chrome the keyboard is working fine, so it's obvious I've already applied the right configuration in kodi for my keyboard layout /shrug

I wrote to you because, as already said, only in retroarch the keyboard layout is totally wrong. And, if YOU read the libretro docs link you sent to me, there's nothing about configuring/fixing keyboard layout (I've already read it before writing to you the first time, and this is the third for the same problem) /shrug

So, please, don't think every question people ask to you are "waste of time"... I thought maybe you hardcoded something in retroarch binaries that messes up the layout... In retroarch installed on the official LE9 build my keyboard layout was right... it must be something in your retroarch implementation /shrug

In retroarch configuration there's nothing about keyboard layout... you can only configure mappings... but, if you want to map "-" key for volume down and when you press it in the mapping it maps "f3", you see... the layout is wrong... /shrug

Thank you

This hash is generated by the download script used by LE

The "alt" key isn't used in Retroarch but in Emulationstation.

Logs.

I don't know what you mean by Glide? OpenGL? Vulkan should work for specific games with Intel IGP. Dolphin should work, PPSSPP used to work but crashs right now probably due to Mesa 19.0.0-rc7 bugs or else. Most libretro cores won't work flawless with Vulkan so it makes no sense to enable it in Retroarch. Basically Vulkan makes sense for Dolphin everything else won't suffer from OpenGL or doesn't support video acceleration at all.

Ok for opengl-vulkan stuff. For the keyboard layout, I don't know what logs could be helpful to you... if I run chrome, the keyboard layout is right, if I try to write in emulationstation, it's right... if I run retroarch and go to the input configuration to remap some keys (volume up/down for example), when I press the keyboard keys, no key has the right association.

I have a Logitech wireless keyboard+mousepad (fn key present) with Italian layout.

Thank you

Hi 5schatten! I have finally installed your great build. Thank you for your work and time!

I have an issue with the wireless keyboard+mousepad connected to my Intel nuc (Logitech). It's working fine in kodi, but in retroarch the key mapping is totally wrong (ex. - button maps to f3). I think it could be a misconfiguration at shell level. How can I configure the keyboard mapping/configuration?

Glide works fine, vulkan don't. Intel integrated graphics. Is it normal?

Thank you

Well basically hopping between the builds should work so install my build to have a proper partition then install the vanilla LE and update to my build once you have your addons. I'm currently building a generic build and probably will upload it tomorrow if everything works fine.

Logfiles...:/ anyway I guess you haven't set the audio device in the addon, did you?

Aw. So I cannot update my official installation of LE 9.0.1 to yours using the update channel? Have I to do a fresh install with yours? Doesn't the update resize the existing partiton and write the new data on it?

Well you need several packages & PulseAudio to use video previews in ES. I guess that's the reason why Gamestarter doesn't support this because this needs deeper changes in your system. As stated in my start post maybe one day Retroplayer will be feature complete but right now it's just a proof of concept & work in progress to me.

What did you do? Install Docker & place the bios files and iso in the directories and run the game afterwards? ES has nothing to do with this since it just runs the PCSX2.start command and points to the game you want to run. Or do you try to load real game discs?

Well looks like the LE 9.1 addon repo isn't populated right now so I have to probably revert this distro: bump OS_VERSION/ADDON_VERSION to 9.1 · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv@8964c21 · GitHub and rebuild the images.

Thank you for the explanation. I think I'll update the official libreelec installation with yours. I have a question about this: if I upgrade the existing installation with yours, have I to uninstall some addons first (ex. retroarch, emulationstation, amazon vod, tvheadend server, netflix) or it'll update those addons with yours?

Thank you

Have you cleaned your PCSX2 config and tried again? I never had this issue on any of my systems so to me this sounds like a screwed up config. :/

What's wrong with gamestarter or Retroplayer if you want to use a Kodi addon anyway /shrug

Keep an eye on this LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0) -> since I build the LE master branch any update regarding this will be included anyway.

The gamestarter repo has Emulationstation version 2.0.1 that hasn't video preview support. You've merged last version of emulationstation. I'm trying to obtain this.

With kodi and retroplayer I've not a good scraping solution. I was expecting to find in the new libreelec 9 the same visualization of series/movies for the games, but it seems to be not possible at the moment, so you've to use some scraper addon like advanced launcher. Am I missing something?

Thank you

As I just said, I googled a lot... Gamestarter is only for RPi arch... there're not x86/64 addon solutions for kodi 17 >

So... I want to install this build as TAR update on my libreelec 8.0.1 (updated with TAR from Openelec 6.0.3), but I have a question: I have tvheadend server running on my libreelec system with an hauppage USB dual DVB-T tuner. Can you tell me if the update with your build compromises the funcionality of the tvheadend service / tuner device drivers ?

Thank you

If someone is looking for an addon solution like me without having to install a full fork distro of LibreElec, you can find a RetroArch working addon here: RetroArch Openelec addon download | SourceForge.net
    Tested right now on official LibreElec 8.0.1 on Intel NUC.

"retroarch on libreelec" in google search gives you Gamestarter on first place.

i like this "full" build better though

As I just said, I googled a lot... Gamestarter is only for RPi arch... there're not x86/64 addon solutions for kodi 17 >

So... I want to install this build as TAR update on my libreelec 8.0.1 (updated with TAR from Openelec 6.0.3), but I have a question: I have tvheadend server running on my libreelec system with an hauppage USB dual DVB-T tuner. Can you tell me if the update with your build compromises the funcionality of the tvheadend service / tuner device drivers ?

Thank you

Hi Escalade and all community members. I don't know if anyone asked this before, I read a good part of the thread but didn't find it.
    Is there a way to install and use RetroArch on LibreElec 8 simply installing an addon instead of burning the full image you developed?

Before installing LibreElec I've being using OpenElec and installed RetroArch addon 1.3.3 and it was working fine. Upgrading to LibreElec I've lost the ability to use the RetroArch addon (still present, but not working).

It would be very appreciated if you could extract only the RetroArch related stuff from your image and build an addon, so everybody can install RetroArch without a full upgrade. Is it possible?

Thank you for your good work.