Posts by robmcc83

Personally I wouldn't bother with wake on lan using a pi, the pi uses next to no electricity, I just make sure I buy hard drives then spin down.

Wake on lan would only be beneficial if you was using a computer for your main media center and then pi's for other rooms.

For example, my latest setup is a computer in the front room connected to my main TV, this runs libreelec and hosts all the files via samba to my pi's in my bedroom the kids bedroom and the conservatory which is where my snes pi is.

Wake on lan is also my next project for my main computer :)

I'll share it as soon as I get to my computer as its backed up on there.

Are you familiar with ssh?

Because after scripts are copied over you'll type 4 commands to enter after the scripts have been copied over.

I never managed to get going with a addon as I wouldn't know where to start.

It must be easy though as it only requires 1 dependancy which is raspberry pi tools from the libreelec repo as this has gpi-zero which the script uses.

I've been running it for ages now and still works perfect :)

Hi 5schatten

Ive tried to figure my question out myself whilst waiting for a response.

But now I'm even more confused on which image to choose for my computer as there are just loads of different images.

So going to the first page of this thread there is a download part, if I go here and select generic it takes me to Google drive then I have a option for 4.19 or 5.0.x

I assume the regards to kernel but which ever one I choose its dated march.

If I visit you builds section it appears the latest image there is dated April.

Then like I said in my earlier post if I go to the end of this thread there is a update for generic dated last week but this is in nightly rather than build

Can you please let me know which on is classed as stable and which one I should be using.

Thanks in advance

Rob

Hi all,

Just after a little advise.

Is it easy enough to update from a beta release to a stable or is it worth me waiting for le9.2 official release.

Reason I ask is because I'm wanting a little more horse power than my current raspberry pi setup as I also do a lot of retro gaming on my setup.

So I've decided to treat myself to a new computer and donate my old as a dedicated htpc.

The problem is that is one of them amd raven ridge apu's and has caused me problems with Linux until recent.

I always had to use fedora due to that os being bleeding edge, until recent. Ubuntu 18.4.3 also works fine now but there kernel is now on 5.0.x

Through my trial and error and many different Linux distributions it only really became fully stable at kernel 5.

It appears le9.2 beta is kernel 5.1.x but 9.1 stable is 4.19

So I would like to avoid le9.1 if possible as I no it will probably cause problems.

Thanks in advance

Rob

Hi,

I'm about to use your build for my amd build for my front room setup for a little old school gaming and media.

Im a little confused as to which generic amd/Intel image I should use.

Do I use the one from the first page of this thread which is dated march (is this classed as the stable)

Or do I choose the image dated from last week which is nearer to the end of this thread (although this seems to be nightly).

If you could point me in the right direction of which image to use I would ver much appreciate that.

Thanks

Rob

Brilliant that seems to have done the trick in regards to accessing blocked sites and now when i check for dns leaks it no longer brings up loads of BT Broadband ones.

But there is on thing that still doesnt seem right when i check my ip it still shows my ipv6 as my location.

if i click the ipv4 ip it shows its in amsterdam so i assume thats working fine now.

Is that how it works will ipvanish make sure all traffic is sent ipv4.

many Thanks

I seem to have a problem here using my VPN and I'm hoping someone can help me.

So I've received a warning from my isp about blah blah blah ( don't need to go into detail ) ;) but I'm using a VPN!

I use ipvanish and it appears that on both my Linux setups it's not quite making me secure.

I use my LibreELEC setup with you VPN manager on a pi3 now as far as was aware this is running behind a VPN it tells me I'm connected and nevere says Otherwise, but yet this is the device I would of got the warning from.

So on my Linux computer I have Ubuntu also with VPN setup with openvpn and as far as I'm aware the VPN connects, it tells me it does and I thought it was.

If I try and access a site blocked here in the UK connected to a Amsterdam server I get redirected to ukispcourtorder site telling me it's blocked.

So I check my IP with the VPN on and off.

Although the IP address changes the location doesn't and it also still tells me I'm with BT broadband.

So I downloaded a crappy web browser from the Kodi repo and tried the same as what I tried on my Linux computer and to my disappointment I got the exact same result, location set to Amsterdam but get redirected to ukispcourtorder website.

This is where it gets strange, using ipvanish app on my phone connected to Amsterdam I try the same but it lets me straight onto the blocked website here in the UK.

I then check my IP with VPN both on and off and it works as expected, tells me I'm in Amsterdam.

I also try my windows laptop with ipvanish software installed, the also behaves itself the same as my phone and works exactly how it should.

So it appears either Linux or openvpn must not be working somehow, of Ipvanish is not working with openvpn.

Does anybody know what this could be?

Thanks

Rob

Hi,

Thanks for your amazing add-on which makes things so much easier but I just have one question.

Why do only a handful of add-ons show in the exclude list within the options of VPN manager.

I'm trying to get sonarr to be accessible outside of my home network.

If I turn the VPN off then I can access it easily but with the VPN on I cannot do this.

So I was wanting to exclude this add-on but it doesn't show up.

The only add-ons that show up are YouTube and skin helper service but I have quite a few more add-ons installed other than them.

Thanks

If your are using retroplayer which is built into the latest Kodi it's awful for PS1 emulation.

I tired it when Kodi 18 was first released.

Using the gamestarter add-on for retroarch is the way to go.

I've played hundreds of PS1 titles and am yet to have problems performance wise.

It works fines.

Perfect

Thank you very much.

One last thing would be do you know how I can make sonarr bypass my VPN

I cannot connect to sonarr outside of my home network when my VPN is on.

I have gone I to VPN manager to try and exclude sonarr but it doesn't appear in the list of add-ons that I can exclude.

Thanks

To be honest my raspian install doesn't take long to shutdown either.

I have a smart mirror running magic mirror software and alexa on a raspberry pi2.

This all runs on raspian stretch and if I do a shutdown on this I get the little white raspian box saying stopping services etc then it all shuts down, probably 5 seconds max.

Maybe you have a slow sd card or are maybe wanting things instant.

Cheers

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but unfortunately I don't have this problem on osmc either.

I've just put osmc on a spare SD card added my library from my samba share and the audio has not got low volume over analogue.

Now as a long time user of LibreELEC and having tried osmc when I first started out using the pi's I much preferred LibreELEC as osmc use to crash alot with a sad face on the screen.

I would much prefer to get to the bottom of this using LibreELEC.

I have put my LibreELEC sd card into a pi 2 which I have from another project I made, powered it on and tried that, the audio is also low volume over analogue using the pi 2 so I very much doubt any hardware is broke.

2 other os's don't have this problem on my pi3

The SD card with LibreELEC also produces low volume on a pi2

This evidence all suggest LibreELEC is the one that is causing this problem.

My last resort is to try a fresh install of LibreELEC just incase any settings have been changed that have caused this.

That is the last thing I can try.

Thanks