Posts by robmcc83

Hi,

I can confirm that this beta works on generic and Rpi 3.

Thanks.

If you can get to a windows computer you could try downloading western digital utilities.

This allows you to change the sleep time for the drive.

I assume it's built into the firmware on some western digital external drives.

I have 2 Western digital my passport's

Both came with a default 30mins spin down time.

I changed them both to 10mins spin down time with the WD Utilities program.

Hope this helps

Hi all.

Im using a raspberry pi3 in one of my bedrooms.

Im using the kodi remote app on android to control this device.

The only problem is that my WiFi signal is weak in that room and my phone constantly changes from being on WiFi and being on my mobile data.

I thought not a problem I'll use the built in libreelec ap to extend the wifi network in that room as the pi is plugged in via ethernet over home plug.

Problem is that it creates a hot spot not problem, I can connect to the hot-spot no problem. But when I connect it tells me there is no Internet connection, even though it says I have full signal there is a explanation mark on the WiFi signal.

Anybody no what this could be? I'm using latest stable 9.0.2

Thanks

So does that mean there will be no more emulationstation in your repo?

Thanks

OK,

So I have ironed out most issues now by trying different settings and different versions and builds of libreelec etc.

There is just one problem left, and surely somebody on here has to know if I can rectify this problem.

Wake on lan is working perfectly as it should except 1 small issue.

My main pc which is connected to my living room TV has all the media files on that I Share to several bedrooms to raspberry pis.

If my main pc is a sleep a raspberry pi will wake the main pc upon playing a video file.

I have the main pc set to sleep after 30 mins.

Even though I'm watching a TV show for example on my raspberry pi the main pc will go to sleep after 30mins regardless.

So the question is, is there a way to prevent this from happening. Surely there is a way to prevent the main pc from sleeping when sharing media via samba.

This can be achieved in Windows quite easily so I'm sure I'm just missing something from within libreelec.

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

First off I can't use latest 9.2 stable as it's not released yet its still in beta.

In regards to the videos not playing smooth they are already being played locally from the internal hard drive.

My setup is a desktop pc that I have installed libreelec onto, this system runs a amd ryzen 3 2200g, 16gb ram and 2x 2tb hard drives.

All video files are stored locally on this and shared from here.

The videos not being played smooth are on this system.

Then the second problem is that I use my pi3 in the bedroom to connect to the main computer above via samba. This all works fine except for the wake on lan issue where the main computer will go to sleep even though I'm watching something via samba on the pi3.

Thanks

Update:

A add on called called advanced wake on lan has almost sorted the wake on lan problems I was having.

That addon makes my devices behave how they should do, the one problem now is that it sleeps whilst I'm watching a video file via samba on the client device.

Still have all the other problems though.

Thanks

Hi all,

I have just donated my old pc to be a dedicated libreelec htpc as I've always used a pi 3 and decided I want a little more power.

The system runs a ryzen 3 2200g, 16gb ram on a gigabyte am4 board running le9.1.501

I thought this was going to be hassle free as the computer is much more powerful than the pi3 but it appears not.

The first problem is playing video files, it's not smooth at all, even the pi3 was better to watch.

The video image is hard to explain, it doesn't stutter as such but does kind of judder. When the scene is a fast moving scene or when a camera moves around a scene its almost like you see the previous frame almost like a motion blur effect, but it isn't smooth it judder as it does it.

Now it's not the TV as I have played with some settings on the TV and had no improvement so I hooked it up to my hdmi pc monitor and it is exactly the same.

Second issue is wake on lan not working as expected.

I want my pc to sleep after so long and wake for example when say another device calls for a file via samba then sleep again after.

This kind of works, I can make the computer sleep but cant wake via the other device but I can wake it with wake on lan app on my phone, but the problem there is the pc will still sleep after the set time I have set even though I'm watching a video file via samba on another device.

Anybody have any experience with these 2 things I cannot get right.

Thanks in advance.

That's basically my setup as well. I share my files on my PC using samba and play them on my TV on libreelec on a pi. My PC is in a room on the second floor and is on most of the time. I can send a "magic packet" to my PC to wake it through LAN however.

I use Yatse as the control app on my android, been using it for a few years and really glad with it. But rightnow I can't wake my Pi through the app...

But if I can use the on/off and reset button on the nespi case that's a nice solution too ;)

(I don't use the retropi that often, but if I do I just need to swap SD cards and I can start gaming).

Hi,

Here is the shutdown script for you :)

Ive put instructions in there for you to follow.

If you follow them it will work perfect.