Posts by zorrua

You have to stop Kodi before you can use cec-client. Otherwise it's blocked. Alternatively you can use cec commands from within kodi, for instance python scripts or json.

Hello, thanks for the reply.

This is strange, because Amlogic CEC device works (with other problems), I can execute the cec-client while kodi is running

I will try to stop Kodi before execute it.

Regards.

Hello,

I can not power off the TV from command line:

I am using firmware v4(2012-12-06) and LE 7.0.3 (Generic.x86_64).

When I power off the LE it powe off the TV, so it is working well but I can not power off from command line.

Regards.

Hello,

I have S905 device and have some questions about CEC.

If I want to power off the TV, I execute this in command line:

Code
    # echo "standby 0" | cec-client -s

Debian paste error

The funny thing is that it power off the TV but it power on again and then the device (S905) use to power off. Is like the TV is sending a power off to the device.

If I execute the comand to power on the TV I get this:

Code
    # echo "on 0" | cec-client -s

Debian paste error

It power on the TV for a second but again the device (S905) and the TV goes to power off. Is something strange.

Someone could test it with your devices?

Kind regards.

Hello,

I have some problem with Amlogic CEC device so I add an external CEC device (Puse Eight).

The problem is that I can not use it:

I disable the built in CEC, is the second device port well? It will be somethig like this "/dev/ttyACM1".

I can not switch off the TV with this command:

How could I use the external CEC? I am missing something?

Regards.

Hello,

I just buy a Mini M8S II (S905X) device. I want to indtall LE on it. I don't want to use Android on it. I have some questions.

1. I see that there are some new firmwares in the net. Could I upgrade them before install LE?

2. How could I get backup if I want to return to Android for start from scratch again?

Thanks and regards.

Since U-Boot is open source would there be a way to enable this for certain boxes and replace the current U-Boot with a recompiled one, possibly using the same patch as what is used by boxes that have this function working correctly?

Hello,

This will work. Where could I found the U-Boot sources?

Regards.

Power on from remote needs to be supported by the U-Boot bootloader on the S905(x) box. Of my boxes, the wetek hub implements this properly: I can power down in Android as well as libreelec with the remote or by command line, and the box will power up again using the included remote control. The MXQ Pro will not power down in Android, but simply switch the HDMI signal off/on when I push the button on the remote. If I shutdown by command line or in Libreelec, the box will not power on again using the remote.

As far as I know, the S905 bootloaders do not support power on from USB devices (keyboards, external remotes).

Thanks for the info,

So if the S905 bootloaders don't support the USB power on I could not switch on the device with my remote.

I think I will leave it switched on and power on/off the TV with CEC.

Best regards.

Hi

I can power on my Mini M8S II (see signature) with the original remote or a Logitech.

Thanks!

So is it possible to power on and off from remote?

I am using an external IR USB receiver with a different remote, could it power on the device? Coudl you try to power on or resume from a keyboard?

Best regards.

Sorry, my fault

the path I gave you was for the "service" not for the client.

If you play a recorded file, then the client shouldn't matter, as the file played back by kodi itself. So it's the kodi.log which is important.

Otherwise you have to enable PVR-client specfic logging at Kodi settings to get a log for the client and then it's the kodi.log again.

Thanks!

Hello,

There is a known problem with CEC and Amlogic devices. I have a S905 device.

In my case, the power on works great (it switch on the TV), bit the power off is not working well (it doesn't switch off the TV).

Is there something users could do? Ask Amlogic, do some test...

I see in libcec github some amlogic patches, bit it doesn't work in the latest kszaq builds.

Which is the real state of CEC in Amlogic?

Kind regards.

from where did you installled TVHeadend from? From the LibreELEC repo? And if yes, which version?

Hello,

Yes, I installed from Libreelec repo and the version is 2.2.15.

Need I change something here?

Thanks for the help.

Regards.