Posts by houser

Raspi 4 now on Omega b1. Appears great and very stable. Many thanks!

Have been on the nightlies for a long time with very few issues so no surprise really.

The only issue i am still seeing is that sometimes HDR does not work after boot. A reboot fixes that, 100% repeatable.

Have tried delaying the start of the Raspi a while after the AVR but does not help so far. No biggie but reported FWIW.

Edit: some minor tweaks to the boot sequence in Home Assistant appears to have fixed it. So unlikely a LE issue.

Hello

Have been successfully running the nightlies for a while without any issues. Works great here on Raspi4, many thanks!

Just wondering if it is now recommended to go to the 11beta1/10.95.0 or stay on the nightlies?

If we do want to go to the betas, what is the best and safest procedure? I do not see it in the 11 Update Channel?

As I can no longer select the 10 Update Channel, should we drop the:

https://releases.libreelec.tv/LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-10.95.0.img.gz

into the update folder/path via smb and reboot ?

Many thanks for any helpful hints!

Many thanks for your reply!

I can see on the TV that LE is sending HDR if I go into settings, so I do know it seems to be working and it looks great!

Some media files show that they are HDR or HDR 10, and some do not, even though they are and play fine as HDR.

I assume that is just lazy authoring of the media files.

Ah well.

Excellent and fabulous work! Happy holidays! :)

Hello,

Happy long time LE user here. Just upgraded to latest nightly Git: 20.0rc2-Nexus.

Working great! No issues at all so far. This is on a Raspi 4.

I am just curious about the new 4K HDR functionality. It seems to just work...

The only new setting I see is Settings/Player "Use display HDR capabilities" So is that it?
    Is there any way to see if HDR is "engaged" ? "Show process" says nothing specifically about HDR.

Again, it looks great and I am very happy, just curious of intended functionality . Many thanks! :)

Seems very nice, I'm planning to get RPi4 2gb. What display you connect to your Pi ?

Yes, good times!. The Libreelec team really is rather impressive ;)

As for gear I currently use a decent Sony Bravia 75".

I am a retired Home Theatre professional and have a small but well tuned hobby surround setup for my cinematic needs;)

I am currently using a Raspberry Pi 4 Model B with 8GB RAM. Got the big RAM as a precaution as the earlier

versions of Kodi made more demands on the RAM but the system report on the nightly I am using now:

LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-10.0-nightly-20210315-c5d7822

.. says I am using just under 700MB when playing full bandwidth 4K HDR so 2GB might be ok but I should maybe get the 4GB version if I were you if you can afford it.

Should perhaps also mention I have active optical HDMI cables as in my setup it would not work without it on a 4m run.

Good luck!

It should work on every Kodi installation.

With a normal USB keyboard connected, try pressing CTRL-SHIFT-O.

The codec info is shown using only the letter 'o'.

Thanks! After this comment I tried another USB keyboard and then it worked.

I'm an idiot and should have tried that some more before posting ;)

Was also a little confused by the fact that you can not activate CTRL-SHIFT-O after 'o' but you can activate 'o' after CTRL-SHIFT-O.

Anyway, I built and tested the new json command for 'Player Process Info' if someone comes here searching for it:

This works in 18.9:

jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Input.ShowPlayerProcessInfo","id":1}

But have so far been unsuccessful in building the 'Show codec' command, equiv of CTRL-SHIFT-O.

It is not:

jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Input.ShowCodec","id":1} as I would perhaps expected

Have also tried sending the key command over JSON but no luck so far.

Any chance of a hint on what the new JSON command is for that particular function should be in Leia?

Many thanks again!

Hello,

I am on latest LibreElec 9.2.6 with an RPi4 b that has 8gb memory.

Long time user with Kodi. Works great...

My question is if the "Player Process Info" should work in 9.2.6?

It works on other installs that use the Leia 18.9 build.

The json that used to do this is called "Show Codec" in my set up and has this json command:

jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Input.ShowCodec","id":1}

I noticed that this appears to have been changed in Leia?

So are there any new code bits or special tricks with the LibreElec version to see the Player Process Info?

Many thanks!

Brand new Shuttle PC 286 64 architecture running LE 8.0.1. Beauty...

Apart from disks that worked fine on the old Chromebox are suddenly and it appears randomly unmounting during playback.
    Can't tell if it is playback related or just timed. Has anyone seen this and found a tweak or way to fix?
    Have enabled all debugging but not sure what to look for and in which log file.
    Anyone seen something like this?
    Grateful for any hints!
    [hr]
    Looking at the kodi log it is an 8 core and all cores are running around 50 % when playing back some test stuff at 4K and 60fps.
    What is odd is that the final post on the GUI says that CPU-KODI is over 200% - 300%.
    That looks wrong... can it be right?

Thanx Irusak,
    I guess I am a little confused by this.
    I used a script to set up OpenElec a few years ago. The ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script described here: Chromebox - Official Kodi Wiki
    I have used the LibreELEC USB-SD Creator to make an installer but not sure if I can
    use it to to reformat and reinstall onto the internal ssd in the Chromebox?
    Do you know if that is possible or do I have to go back and run the script again with a different size setting? Thanx again.

Hello

Happy Alpha user here. Currently on (Krypton) v7.90.008 ALPHA.
    All of the alphas have been pretty solid for me on an Asus Chromebox M018U (Celeron).
    I am looking for some advice on optimising playback of Dolby Atmos enabled movies.

I have recently started playing Dolby Atmos on that Chromebox in my small Home Theatre.
    It works, but I am having some performance issues on the latest greatest films with complex Atmos tracks.
    Specifically stuttering picture when the soundtrack is complex which in some cases results in crashing to a green screen.
    Are there any general recommendations for which settings to optimise to play Dolby Atmos-enabled movies?
    Do I need to switch on something specific for audio to provide useful logs? Can't find anything in the logs so far.
    TIA