Posts by paperbackwriter

Thanks for the help but I'm not going to go over this over a year later and having my thread edited to remove pertinent information. I've been running XBMC/Kodi/OpenElec/LibreElec for years now and know how to set this up properly.

As I've mentioned countless times before LibreElec >=11 does not output audio over hdmi on my machine and others are experiencing the same on similar hardware but you'll never see that now with the thread cleanup.

The issue is not on my end, end of story.

Cheers and good luck fellow users with similar issues. I'm done with this charade.

The workaround still produces no audio over hdmi.

For a test I ran the first nightly that I could find (Generic-legacy.x86_64-11.0-nightly-20230102-2cfb343.img.gz) dating back to 2023-01-02 and the no audio over hdmi is still present. Once the Linux kernel was updated from 5 to 6 this all started happening. This could be it or a myriad of other issues that I can't nail down.

I'm glad you were able to get your own machine booting since finding the python scripting bug. Some users may be able to actually boot their boxes in those specific conditions. Sadly, in my case the audio problem continues to present itself with no resolution.

Due to the thread bump I decided to dig out my machine that has this issue. I tried fresh installs using the latest 11.0.6 and the 12 nightly.

The no audio over hdmi still persists.

Audio does work through spdif and the headphone jack.

For those that are interested, here are the debug logs for posterity

11.0.6 logs

12.0-nightly-20240208-f3809d8

I did try some different linux live distros in the past with mixed results trying to determine the no audio over hdmi issues. From what I remember the Ubuntu one had the same audio issue while a distro like Linux Mint 21.1 had audio working out of the box.

Some additional Xorg.log which suggests no drivers for any of the audio devices?

I've had those type of logs in previous versions of LibreELEC and it never affected the output of audio on my device. LibreELEC 11 seems to not work with audio out via hdmi on my machine. I tried the nightlies and they too have the same issue.

SPDIF and headphone jack out work fine just not audio via hdmi and that's what I need for my setup :/

I'm did a fresh install of Generic Legacy v11.0.1 and have encountered no audio via hdmi. No issues on an older v10.0.4 on the same x86 box with Nvidia based ion hardware. This is a first where LibreELEC has not picked up the audio properly.

The audio output device is selected as ALSA: HDA Nvidia, HDMI as always in the 'Settings/System/Audio' configuration yet there is no audio at all. Sound is turned up and not muted either.

This is running on an Acer Aspire Revo R3610 that has been flawless until now.

Any suggestions?

I have been receiving lockups running LibreELEC 9.0.0. The video will stop and the the box will reach a load of over 15 for several minutes and then reload kodi. The box is so unresponsive that you cannot even ssh in while this occurring. Never had any issues until 9.0.0.

I see lots of the following:

WARNING: ActiveAE - large audio sync error

CRenderManager::WaitForBuffer - timeout waiting for buffer

CVideoPlayerAudio::Process - stream stalled

Please see attached log files.

log1

log2

I've recently upgraded my install to 9.0.0 and have run into major issues with screensavers.

All screensavers under the libreelec addons repository do not work.

I used to run the Euphoria screensaver for years now and this isn't listed anymore on the repo. Was this removed for some reason?

Has something major changed in the screensaver department between 8.2.5 and 9.0.0?

I'm running on the generic x86_64 linux image under an nvidia ion gpu.

You should check what values are set after boot - maybe they were changed between releases.

This was already stated in my original post.

There is no solution to my original script. Adding a sleep does not affect the outcome. The only solution seems to be running it in the background with a sleep value. Ugly but it's the only solution that works for me.

Code
    (
      sleep 10;
      echo EHC1 > /proc/acpi/wakeup)
      echo XHC > /proc/acpi/wakeup)
    )&

I've been using the following autostart.sh script since version 7 of libreelec:

echo EHC1 > /proc/acpi/wakeup
    echo XHC > /proc/acpi/wakeup

The state is disabled for EHC1 and enabled for XHC upon a fresh boot of the box.

On my system this script enables EHC1 and disables XHC. Since upgrading to version 8 of libreelec the script does not run as it used to. The first enables EHC1 as it should yet the second XHC is still enabled when it should be disabled. Running the two commands via ssh enables/disables them properly.

What has changed between version 7 and 8 of libreelec in regards to autostart.sh?

Thanks